|Location: HOUNSLOW, MIDDLESEX||Salary: 38000 - 43000 GBP Per Annum|
|Sector: Accountancy||Job Type: Permanent|
|Shift Type: FULL TIME||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: 4 months ago||Reference: 3092695|
The Finance Manager is responsible for the organisation and efficient execution of all
Finance Office activities and the supervision of Finance Staff, for the administration
of the Academy’s finances, the supervision and training of Finance Staff and liaison
with other key staff and personnel.
Organising and managing school finance, including that of its extended facilities,
in accordance with the DFE’s Academies Financial Handbook, and administering
payroll and pension related functions.
Assisting the Governors, Headteacher and Senior Leadership Team [SLT] in
formulating aims and objectives of the School and in establishing the policies,
systems and procedures through which they shall be achieved, including
development of resource plans as required.
Advising on compliance with legislation and guidance, for eg, HMRC, DFE,
The line management of a number of staff falling under this her/his remit
including their induction, training and appraisal.
Supporting and encouraging the Academy’s ethos and its objectives, policies and
Summary of Key Tasks and Accountabilities:
• To supervise the School’s computerised finance accounting, the placement of orders and managing the Financial Management Systems. Ensuring changes in regulatory requirements are tracked and updated and that all income and expenditure is correctly coded.
• Maintain distinct reserves in the financial systems and allocate income and expenditure in accordance with policies.
• To manage weekly processing including review and authorise payment batches.
• To supervise the processing of all invoices in line with the school financial procedure.
• To be responsible for cash flow projections and all elements of cash handling including collections and disbursements, banking &security, fundraising &school trips.
• To maintain and oversee all bank accounts including the School’s credit card/s, completing monthly reconciliations and reporting banking errors to her/his Line Manager.
• To prepare the School’s Annual Budget and review and update as necessary in Consultation with her/his line manager and the Head teacher.
• To be responsible for the Cashless System and Payment website
• To ensure accurate VAT accounting and payment and VAT reclaim returns are submitted
• To coordinate the annual audit, liaising with all parties involved
Payroll and Pensions
• To be responsible for the completion and management of the School’s Payroll, ensuring all forms including timesheets, new starter/ leaver/ variation forms and annual returns are submitted
• To ensure that all the necessary financial data required for payroll, the Teachers’ Pension and Local Government Pension agencies is submitted to the relevant authority in a timely manner.
Personnel & Reporting
• To be responsible for the processing of all DBS processing for all staff members
• To ensure all school systems are updated following the appointment of new staff members.
• To oversee the effective deployment of all staff within her/his areas of responsibility.
• To complete all appointment documentation, contract etc. and to ensure all contracts are vetted accordingly
• To produce a monthly trial balance and supporting schedules, including reconciliations
• Preparation of a monthly set of management accounts for presentation to SLT together with explanations of variances and suggested actions for managing agreed budgets.
• To undertake specific reporting and analysis of financial performance as requested by SLT and Governors.
• To pursue income and sponsorship generation opportunities including the preparation and submission of applications and bids.
• To maximise investment returns and income generation - organising bids, sales, sponsorship and fundraising, as appropriate.
• To ensure that all administrative duties, checks, documentation, reports and returns [internal and external] are completed accurately and submitted within required deadlines.
• To undertake responsibility for all necessary administration relating to all areas within her/his remit.
• To ensure that all manual and computerised records and filing systems are maintained
• To be responsible for the School’s Asset Register
As a successful applicant you will have the following:
1. Appropriate financial qualification/s and/or significant experience in field.
2. Evidence of finance, business and administrative management experience to
support the day-to-day operation of an establishment/company within
3. Experience of managing expenditure and generating income/sponsorship, managing change and implementing new systems & procedures
5. Evidence of effective leadership and line-management of staff
6. Evidence of Finance, Business or Administrative Management experience
within a school or similar environment.
7. Ability to build and form good relationships with students, and colleagues
7. Able to lead, develop and motivate a team of staff, delegating duties as required.
8. Knowledge and understanding of Academies Financial Handbook
9. Excellent verbal and written communication skills appropriate to the need to
communicate effectively with colleagues, students and other professionals.
10. Ability to work constructively as part of a team
11. Ability to proficiently use office computer and finance software including
word-processing, spreadsheet, database/s and internet systems.
12. Ability and knowledge to produce budgetary estimates, reports, cash flow
and financial and statistical summaries
13. Knowledge of principles and methods of financial control and reporting, and
their adaptation to various purposes, including the preparation of financial
14. Good working knowledge and understanding of methods of ordering, contracts, purchasing and value for money.
15. Working knowledge of law with regard to health and safety legislation, contracts, freedom of information act, copyright and data protection.
10.00 - 13.00 GBP Per Hour
ILFORD, ESSEXRead more
28000 - 30000 GBP Per Annum
HARLOW, ESSEXRead more
40000 - 45000 GBP Per Annum, inc benefits
CHESSINGTON, SURREYRead more
40000 - 47500 GBP Per Annum, inc benefits
REDHILL, SURREYRead more
40000 - 45000 GBP Per Annum
REDHILL, SURREYRead more