REED Accountancy in Leicester are currently working in a partnership with a public sector organisation.
The School is part of a trust and is looking to appoint a Business Manager. The role would primarily relate to finance, they would also oversee some admin and IT areas.
The Business Manager will be responsible for:
- Providing advice, information and recommendations to the Principal and Governors regarding the College Budget, monitoring income and expenditure and to effectively and efficiently developing the provision and operation of financial, administrative and all other service support for the college.
- Developing and implementing the college’s financial and service support policies, systems and procedures.
- Ensuring the highest level of administrative support in the College main office, reception, reprographics, personnel, records and telephony in conjunction with other senior support staff.
- Oversight of Personnel, Administration, Site, Buildings Maintenance and College Health and Safety and the development and provision of service support and utilisation of the College’s assets and its business activities.
RESPONSIBILITIES and specific duties
- To advise the Principal in planning the annual College budget, provide SLT with financial reports and information as required.
- To complete all LA returns and to analyse tabulations.
- To provide information and support for the Governors’ House and Finance Committee.
- To complete College Inventories, and annual returns.
- To complete financial returns and comply with procedures as required by the FMSIS framework.
- To develop, implement and revise financial systems necessary to support efficiently the functions of the college and to meet the financial responsibilities statutorily delegated or devolved to the college.
- To advise college budget holders of their budget allocations and to ensure that they monitor and manage their budgets effectively.
- To identify and pursue ways of developing the business activity of the college and to participate in college fundraising initiatives, providing any necessary administrative support and liaising with external bodies or individuals as necessary.
Personnel and Administration:
- To be responsible for the line management and performance management of the Office Manager, Personnel Officer, Tennis Centre Duty Officers and Reprographics Manager.
- To be responsible for insurance matters and to ensure that the college holds appropriate insurance cover and other licences as may be required.
- To oversee the administration of contracts and leavers.
- To Chair the Support Staff Meeting.
- To complete College Inventories.
- To oversee the management of the main office during holiday periods.
- To devise a training programme for support staff in partnership with other Senior Support Staff.
- In conjunction with the Reprographics Manager to ensure the provision of an efficient, high-quality and cost effective reprographics service, having regard to copyright regulations.
- To prepare specifications and tenders for any external service contracts, and to check and analyse specifications and tenders prior to making recommendations to the Principal and Governing Body.
This is a 6 months FTC position.
If you would like to take advantage of this opportunity, then click “Apply” to be considered for this role.
Call Leicester Accountancy for a confidential chat.