The LTA are currently recruiting for a Business Officer to work in a Primary School in Nelson.
This position is part time (5 days 8.00-1.00 each day), to start on the 26th of April and is to cover a maternity leave.
The successful candidate will have a real desire to succeed and have a proven track record in working within a school office. Knowledge of SIMS and attendance is preferable as you will be responsible for pursuing pupil absence with parents including recording and monitoring absences and production of reports as well as the following:
• Provide general clerical and administrative support, including word processing, minute taking, filing routine correspondence, distributing mail etc.
• Routine financial administration, including petty cash, postage, banking etc.
• Maintaining and updating manual and computerised records including, for example, records of free school meals, school trips, registers, admissions etc including related financial administration.
• Undertake reception duties including answering telephone and responding to routine queries, including, where appropriate, dealing with visitors on behalf of Headteacher
• First point of contact regarding teacher absences or contact with supply agency.
• Maintaining stock and ordering supplies, including the processing of orders, check of incoming deliveries, obtaining prices from occasional suppliers, arranging for payment of invoices and the distribution and storage of stock.
Key Features for working with the LTA are:
Weekly payment on the Lancashire Council scale
Access to regular CPD courses to keep up to date
A strong commitment to safeguarding in Lancashire
Unrivalled guidance and support during your placement from your consultant
Reed Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to undergo a DBS check