|Location: HALSTEAD, ESSEX||Salary: 50000 - 50000 GBP Per Annum|
|Sector: Education||Job Type: Contract|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: 1|
|Posted: 4 months ago||Reference: 3112544|
The School Business Manager is responsible for:
• The Financial Resource
• Management/Administration Management/Management Information and ICT/Human
• Resource Management/Facility & Property Management/Health & Safety Management of the School and to manage the whole school administrative function and lead all support staff.
• The School Business Manager works closely with a range of school staff.
Main duties and responsibilities:
• Overall management of the schools expenditure, revenue accounts and capital budgets in accordance with the financial regulations, regularly reporting on the school’s financial status to the Finance Committee, Governing Body and Principal.
• Utilise financial management systems to suggest ways of affecting budgetary efficiency and liaising with the school’s outsourced finance and payroll team, preparing monthly payroll reports for activation.
Site, Health & Safety and Risk Assessment/Hazard identification
• Full responsibility for the maintenance and safe operations of the school site, buildings and grounds.
• Monitor and manage security, grounds and maintenance staff, cleaning and catering staff and all related contracts to ensure efficiency, effectiveness and value for money.
• Take responsibility for risk assessment processes and reporting to establish potential hazards on site and during external pupil visits and activate accordingly.
• Lead the recruitment and management of all non-teaching staff and issuing of accurate and appropriate contracts.
• Provide leadership and direct line management for non-teaching staff ensuring all staff have appropriate police checks, medical clearance and satisfactory references.
• Support the administration of recruitment processes for all staff including full responsibility for the accuracy and keeping up to date at all times, the school’s single central register.
• Take full responsibility for the systems and general management of the school’s administrative and financial computer network, including the implementation of appropriate management information systems.
• Ensure that the school is regulatory and safeguarding compliant at all times.
• The role will take full management responsibility for the school’s non-teaching staff that will include; admissions and marketing; estates and grounds; catering and cleaning; mini bus drivers and routes; educational support services and external contractors.
• The School Business Manager will report and contribute to meetings of school’s Senior
• Leadership Team and will also attend and report to meetings of the school’s Governing Council and standing committees including the Finance Committee, General purposes Committee and Health and Safety Committee.
Personal Attributes & Skills
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Business Manager or Bursar.
• Educated to degree level
• Excellent understanding of finance and budget management, personnel procedures and resource management
• Exceptional organisational skills
• Efficient, with unscrupulous attention to detail
• Strong interpersonal skills and flexibility in demanding situations
• Committed to high standards
• Excellent presentation and reporting skills
Key factors of this role;
• Permanent Halstead opportunity
• Monday – Friday 8.30am- 5.30pm
• £50,000 Basic Salary plus benefits
If you are interested in this role please get in touch as you will have to complete an application form in order to apply. If you are interested please call Emma White or Gilda Nolan on 01206840100
24618.00 - 26659.00 GBP Per Annum, pro-rata
NORTH WEST LONDON, LONDONRead more
28000.00 - 28000.00 GBP Per Annum
EALING, LONDONRead more
29000.00 - 34000.00 GBP Per Annum, pro-rata
EALING, LONDONRead more
17 - 18.5 GBP Per Hour
UXBRIDGE, MIDDLESEXRead more
GREENFORD, MIDDLESEXRead more