Here at Enfield Business Support, we are currently recruiting for an experienced Attendance Officer to join one of our established schools in North London. This role is a temporary maternity cover for up to one year.
You will be responsible for the following duties:
- Monitor school attendance and punctuality.
- Ensure attendance registers are completed regularly and accurately followed up instances where this is not the case
- Work with Pastoral Leaders to identify pupils of concern.
- Together with the Pastoral Leaders investigate matters of non-attendance and implement appropriate action plans for improvement.
- Offer creative solutions in cases where a pupil is failing to attend the Academy.
- Be at the entrance of the Academy each morning checking on punctuality
- Investigate first day phone calls for selected pupils and follow up any unexplained absence.
- Closely liaise with the Student Services Team to ensure timely communication about attendance particularly vulnerable pupils to ensure these young people are safe.
- Chase up absence notes in liaison with the advisors.
- Meet with the Academy’s Education Welfare Officer and Student Services Leader on a weekly basis to discuss individual pupils identified as persistent absentees.
- In partnership with relevant Pastoral Leaders carry out home visits where appropriate to encourage attendance.
- Produce punctuality and attendance letters for distribution.
You will need to have experience in a similar role and must be able to use the SIMS system. If you are available immediately and have all the relevant experience, please apply.