To enable the smooth running of the project or programme by supporting the project manager, senior project manager or programme manager, as applicable. Providing support through the operation of change management processes, and the co-ordination of business management actions and activities, on their behalf.
- Assisting the establishment and maintenance of a project support function.
- Providing the management and maintenance of the following project functions & governance with, and on behalf, of the project manager and the central Programme Management Office:
- Planning, Control & Reporting
- Risk Management & Issue Resolution
- Quality and Configuration Management
- Sustainment and BAU Transition
- Experience of working as a Project or Programme Support Officer or an Assistant Project Manager within a complex project environment involving multiple disciplines (e.g. Business Change, IT, Estates).
- Experience of working within a Project Management Office structure, to defined methodologies and standards, ideally using PRINCE2 and MSP.
- Experience in supporting complex projects, delivery resources and teams, as part of a dynamic environment and use of formal method(s).
- Programme and project establishment, planning and delivery.
- Knowledge of stakeholder engagement and management.
- Risk and Issue management and assessment.
- Knowledge of business implementation and change management.
- Financial planning and tracking.
- Benefits management and realisation.
- Project administration, quality management and configuration management.
- Ability to travel to a variety of locations
- Security level required: SC / NPPV3