This is a 6 month interim assignment for an experienced, SC cleared Business Analyst who has experience within the following business areas; Technology Pillar, Business Development, Strategy & Demand Teams.
The post holder is required to assist with the delivery of a number of work packages e.g. capturing user requirements, undertaking scoping studies and drafting business cases (Government Green book). The post holder will work on a range of initiatives including:
- The identification of requirements / scoping for a software application to manage vulnerable persons, persons that could be influenced to perform terrorist activities.
- The identification of requirements / scoping by which to modify an existing software application.
- The identification of requirements / scoping for a centralised training platform.
- The identification of requirements / scoping for the national deployment of an electronic exhibits handling system.
Experience / Skills
The post holder is expected to have the following skill sets and capabilities:
- Knowledge of IT systems and networks.
- Fully conversant with MS Office suite of applications.
- Extensive Business Analysis experience in relation to development lifecycles and project lifecycles
- Practical experience in producing 'as-Is' and 'to-be' process models using Business Process Model Notation (BPMN) and the ability to undertake Gap Analysis on which project requirements will be based.
- Experience and knowledge of the security accreditation processes at a national level at all GSC levels
- Excellent inter-personal skills. The post holder must be adept at assessing and discussing business options with senior management, discussing the implications of those issues and of alternative solutions. The post holder must therefore have a high level of interpersonal skills, business and technical acumen.
- Project Management: The post holder must be skilled at managing/overseeing small to medium size projects from origin to completion.
- Educated to degree level or have equivalent experience in an technical development environment. Acknowledged Business Analysis qualifications as those set out within the BCS Business Analysis Professional Diploma (Formally known as ISEB Business Analysis Diploma).
Please note: The post holder is required to be SC enhanced cleared. This role is deemed INSIDE of IR35.