REED Engineering & Manufacturing are working with a leading specialist steel with a global client base.
The company are looking to cover a 12 month maternity cover, although there is potential for the role to go permanent due to the company looking to increase their further head-count through out the next 12 months, so the role will potentially become a permanent potion after 12 months.
The company are specialist analytical steel organisation operating in the steel sector worldwide, who specialise in a portfolio of metals throughout the UK, Europe and Worldwide.
As a Customer Services/Sales Administrator, you will be required to:
• Handle customer enquiries. This will involve gathering customer information, drafting responses, and solving queries quickly and efficiently, whilst providing excellent customer service.
• Layout and format monthly, quarterly, and annual media to a high degree of accuracy and work to tight deadlines.
• Update and produce sample copies of our reports for our sales team to send out to potential customers.
• Manage customer information to be held in our CRM system.
• Assist with sales enquiries.
• Carry out day-to-day tasks such as printing, typing, and answering the telephone.
• Undertake general marketing and administrative tasks as required.
• E-mail and phoning out-of-contract customers.
• Undertake other such duties and responsibilities, as and when requested.
• Assist with gaining new research contacts.
*Some of the tasks above may be for maternity leave cover only and may not stay with this role permanently.
As the ideal candidate, you will have good communication skills, confident on the phone and have excellent customer service skills, both written and oral. You will have excellent interpersonal skills – being able to interact with diverse audiences, working well in a team. As the company works to strict deadlines, it is essential that you can manage and plan your work effectively. You will demonstrate a high level of attention to detail and be able to work efficiently and accurately. You will have an excellent eye for layout, colour and detail and have some knowledge of Adobe InDesign or related packages.
Although training can be provided.
You will have a good level of IT proficiency. A good understanding of Microsoft Office is essential.
You will have the ability to adapt and to get things done in a timely manner. You will need to be able to work on your own initiative and push through ideas from conception to completion.
Experience in, or knowledge of, the steel industry would be advantageous but is not a requirement for this role.
• A competitive salary depending on skills and experience.
• Annual bonus scheme (dependent on company and staff performance).
• 25 days (plus statutory bank holidays) holiday entitlement (3-4 days reserved for Christmas shutdown week)
• Free onsite parking.