A key client of mine is seeking a Sales Ledger Clerk / Credit Controller to join them on a permanent basis. You will take ownership of a portfolio of clients and be responsible for the Sales Ledger and Credit Control function for your portfolio. This will require you to use your own initiative and take responsibility to ensure all tasks are completed accurately and on a timely basis meeting any company deadlines.
- Processing pre-invoice documentation to raise invoices on our in-house system and import to Sage.
- Issuing invoices to respective clients by email including attachments as required by individual clients.
- Provide accurate responses on Sales Ledger queries (externally and internally).
- Daily allocation of receipts to the Sales Ledger - updating of in-house system as well as Sage.
- Debt collection. Chase overdue invoices by telephone and email within agreed timescales, maintain regular communication with the Company’s clients and liaise with client portfolio Managers and Administrators.
- Maintain accurate records of all chasing activity for each outstanding invoice.
- Monitor payments received from clients against what is due. If money not received as expected, follow up with client.
- Attend regular Debt review meetings with Directors to discuss any aged debt within your portfolio.
- To assist with any other Ad Hoc duties in support of the Business as and when required.
- Previous experience of Sales Ledger and strong Credit Control experience, not gained from a pure Collections role or Call Centre.
- Ability to take accountability for your own ledger and work to strict deadlines.
- Attention to detail. Speed and accuracy. Strong literacy and numeracy.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written and the ability to quickly build professional working relationships.
- Able to work under own initiative to achieve results but also have ability to work as part of a team.
- Ideally studying for AAT or similar accounting qualification