I am urgently seeking an experienced Sales Ledger assistant/ Accounts Receivable Assistant for a key client of mine based in central Redhill. You will be responsible for ensuring that daily cash received, credit adjustments and all other Accounts Receivable entries are posted accurately and within strict timescales, including the Processing of Direct Debit files through the banking system.
The Accounts Receivable Assistant will also support the basis of the Credit Control operation by processing all customer receipts as well as cheques in a timely and efficient manner and ensure the Direct Debit collection files are sent through the banking system on a daily basis.
- Ensure all cash postings (direct debit, cash, cheques, credit card payments, …) are made in a timely manner in the billing system and allocated to the correct allocation details
- Ensure that all Collection/Direct Debit files are sent through to the banking system
- Ensure that all amendment requests have been actioned before the file is released
- Ensure that all unpaid and rejected Direct Debit reports are sent to the relevant departments on a daily basis, adhering to BACS rules at all times
- Print remittances on a daily basis
- Process Credit/Debit Adjustments in the billing system, ensuring that delegations of authority are adhered to and that VAT calculations and codes are correctly applied
- Create/Authorise refund entries in the billing system
- Resolve queries via the in-house query system in a timely, efficient manner and in line with service levels agreed with business
- Respond to and maintain queries in the Accounts Receivable inbox. Escalate any complaints swiftly to the relevant department/managers
- Bank customer cheques on a daily basis
- Investigate cash receipts on unallocated cash files and allocate to customer accounts when found
- Perform any other ad hoc tasks to support the operation of the business
Qualifications / Experience
- Previous Accounts Receivable experience
- Good knowledge of Excel functions to intermediate level
- Good attention to detail & accuracy
The role is available on a temporary to contract basis for one year.