Do you want to work for a leading UK law firm with a network of offices from the South Coast to Scotland, working together as one national team? An innovative practice and the first top 100 law firm to achieve “Gold Standard” Investors in People, their values and culture are not just words on their website but are the heartbeat of the firm. The lack of barriers between departments, a real lack of hierarchy, zero tolerance for arrogance and pomposity makes this a fantastic place to work.
Working within the Mortgage Recoveries department; supporting the conveyancing team in the sale of properties.
The conveyancing team works with clients and their asset managers to sell properties to recover sums owed by their customers. Transactions must be conducted in a manner consistent with the client’s legal and regulatory obligations, selling efficiently and for the best price whilst having regard to the overall customer journey.
- Working on multiple computer systems (including client specific systems) with speed and accuracy;
- Be responsible and accountable for your workload including meeting internal and client SLA requirements;
- Comply with all of the Unit and firm’s policies and all regulatory requirements;
- To be familiar with and follow the Unit’s policies, procedures and processes;
- Be aware of associated areas of law impacting the Unit’s delivery of its service;
- Recognise any potential issues in cases and refer these appropriately;
- Attend and complete any training in a timely manner;
- Attend internal and external meetings as required and assist in implementing changes to any Unit procedures;
- Liaise with other internal teams as appropriate;
- Assist the Unit in achieving financial targets, other KPIs, management information and meeting budgets;
- Support the Unit with marketing initiatives when required and collating management information.
Skills and qualifications
You will be need the following skills and experience:-
- IT literate with experience of using Word, Excel and the internet;
- Ability to deal with difficult telephone conversations with any of the key stakeholders in the recoveries process confidently and calmly and refer if appropriate;
- Good written, numeracy and oral communication skills;
- Accuracy and attention to detail;
- Ability to prioritise, be organised and efficient;
- Flexibility with the capability to adapt to change, new practices and cope under pressure but with the ability to recognise when to seek assistance;
- Able to integrate within a team and able to work on your own initiative;
- Friendly and helpful approach.
- A minimum of 5 GCSEs at grade C or above (or equivalent) to include Maths and English.
- Act at all times in accordance with the Living our Values framework;
- Treat your colleagues, clients and their customers and third parties with respect;
- Good timekeeping.
Monday - Friday 9:00am - 5:30pm with 1 hour lunch