|Location: BIRMINGHAM, WEST MIDLANDS||Salary: 450.00 - 550.00 GBP Per Day|
|Sector: Technology||Job Type: Temporary|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: 3|
|Posted: about 1 month ago||Reference: 3381942|
The Senior Risk Analyst role is based within Retail Banking and Wealth Management (RBWM) Retail Credit Risk.
The role of the Senior Risk Analyst is to independently analyse, interpret or model data from a variety of sources to provide analytical solutions to complex business problems. You will be expected to work to a plan and results must be provided in a timely and accurate manner. You will be required to clearly communicate progress and issues to stakeholders, and to formulate conclusions, communicate the impacts of your work.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Develop, maintain and improve credit risk strategies to manage decisions throughout the credit lifecycle
• Provide analyses to manage credit portfolios against agreed performance indicators
• Work on a range of analytical projects with minimal guidance
• Delivering complex and, or basic objectives simultaneously, using own initiative, to the benefit of all relevant parties, whilst also taking on and delivering additional ad-hoc objectives as required.
• Taking a lead in briefings for team members, stakeholders on progress of work, sharing knowledge, successes and opportunities. Communicating confidently with junior team members, stakeholders and peers.
• Identifying solutions to emerging risk issues, changing priorities, project completion issues and areas of conflict.
• Challenging established policy and procedures, where appropriate and suggesting alternatives.
• Maintaining compliance with regulatory and documentary requirements
• Drawing, formulating and communicating conclusions from own work, recommending further actions where required.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
• Relevant product knowledge including knowledge of retail products, such as current accounts, credit cards, loans or mortgages.
• Experience working in relevant environments, i.e. Credit, Risk Analytics.
• Experience working in relevant market, context, i.e. Retail Banking.
• Role relevant qualifications, i.e. educated to degree level in a numerate subject.
• Past working experience in a relevant role, i.e. Risk Analytics.
• Experience of using relevant software packages, i.e. SAS, SQL, Microsoft Office. Experience of using the following is desirable, Python, Matrix Laboratory (MATLAB), Cobra, Visual Basic.
• A flexible and adaptable approach to change and will support others to respond in a similar way.
• Achieved targets and met expectations whilst supporting and encouraging others to do the same.
• Both spoken and written communication skills with experience of adapting your style and approach to the audience and message to be delivered.
• Contributed productively to team objectives, sometimes supporting and sometimes leading activities to achieve shared goals.
• Planned projects and activities systematically in line with business priorities, using a variety of analysis and problem solving techniques.
• Proven experience of successful project management, utilising relevant tools and techniques to ensure consistent delivery.
Please do get in touch if you would like to discuss this opportunity further by submitting your most up to date CV in the first instance. If you do not hear back within 48 hours, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
300.00 - 350.00 GBP Per Day
LEEDS, WEST YORKSHIRERead more
400.00 - 500.00 GBP Per Day
BARNSLEY, SOUTH YORKSHIRERead more
35000.00 - 45000.00 GBP Per Annum
WYNYARD BUSINESS PARK, CLEVELANDRead more
38700.00 - 50600.00 GBP Per Annum
PETERBOROUGH, CAMBRIDGESHIRERead more
38700.00 - 50600.00 GBP Per Annum
BIRCHAM NEWTON, NORFOLKRead more