|Location: SOUTHEND X, ESSEX||Salary: 20.00 - 25.00 GBP Per Hour|
|Sector: Accountancy||Job Type: Temporary|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: 2 months ago||Reference: 3069706|
• To deal with the day-to-day administration, billing, collection and recovery of local taxation and miscellaneous income owed to the Council. Interpret and apply the Local Government Finance Act 1992 , relevant regulations and Southend Council’s own policies and procedures, ensuring that collection targets are achieved and that accuracy of data is maintained.
• To seek the most efficient collection routes meeting council and customers’ needs and influence the implementation of best practice processes in performance and service delivery so that the team meets its collection targets and supports broader corporate objectives.
• To be responsible for the accurate establishment of Council Tax and NDR liability and maintenance of Revenues databases.
• To take responsibility for following legislation and best practice
• To contribute to the development and implementation of Council policy in relation to Local Taxation and Miscellaneous income collection and to ensure that the service is operated in accordance with those policies and regulations
• To assist in preparation of and attend all Courts having jurisdiction for the collection and administration of Local Taxation and miscellaneous income.
IT IS ESSENTIAL THAT CANDIDATES HAVE EXPERIENCE OF NORTHGATE, TOGETHER WITH PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE OF DEALING WITH THE DAY TO DAY ADMINISTRATION,BILLING,COLLECTION AND RECOVERY OF LOCAL TAXATION.
The Council is an equal opportunities employer. They welcome applications, regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, age or religion or belief. All applications will be considered solely on merit.
28000 - 32000 GBP Per Annum
CLERKENWELL, LONDONRead more
22000 - 27000 GBP Per Annum
REDDITCH, WORCESTERSHIRERead more
8.01 - 12.00 GBP Per Hour
CLEVELAND, NORTH EAST ENGLANDRead more
9.00 - 10.00 GBP Per Hour
EDINBURGH, MIDLOTHIANRead more
11.26 - 11.99 GBP Per Hour
MIDDLESBROUGH, CLEVELANDRead more