|Location: SOUTHEND X, ESSEX||Salary: 19430.00 - 24174.00 GBP Per Annum|
|Sector: Accountancy||Job Type: Permanent|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: 2 months ago||Reference: 3069183|
The successful candidates will benefit from an exceptional benefits package, together with the opportunity to work remotely from home once a week.
Revenue Officers also have the opportunity to earn extra salary in overtime payments. Core hours on Fridays will be 8.45am-4.45pm, so a nice early finish for the weekend!
Core hours Mon-Thursday are 8.45am-5.15pm.
• To deal with the day-to-day administration, billing, collection and recovery of local taxation, and miscellaneous income owed to the Council. Interpret and apply the Local Government Finance Act 1992 , relevant regulations and Southend Council’s own policies and procedures, ensuring that collection targets are achieved and that accuracy of data is maintained.
• To seek the most efficient collection routes meeting council and customers’ needs and influence the implementation of best practice processes in performance and service delivery so that the team meets its collection targets and supports broader corporate objectives.
• To be responsible for the accurate establishment of Council Tax and NDR liability and maintenance of Revenues databases.
• To take responsibility for following legislation and best practice
• To contribute to the development and implementation of Council policy in relation to Local Taxation and Miscellaneous income collection and to ensure that the service is operated in accordance with those policies and regulations
• To assist in preparation of and attend all Courts having jurisdiction for the collection and administration of Local Taxation and miscellaneous income.
Candidates must possess 5GCSE's (including Maths and English) or equivalent or work experience of at least an equivalent level, together with experience of dealing directly with and advising members of the public in a professional manner.
Previous debt recovery experience and IT skills essential.
Previous experience of dealing with local taxation or housing benefit collection ideal.
The Council is an equal opportunities employer. They welcome applications, regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, age or religion or belief. All applications will be considered solely on merit.
28000 - 32000 GBP Per Annum
CLERKENWELL, LONDONRead more
22000 - 27000 GBP Per Annum
REDDITCH, WORCESTERSHIRERead more
8.01 - 9.53 GBP Per Hour
NORMANBY, CLEVELANDRead more
20000.00 - 21400.00 GBP Per Annum
BRIGHTON, EAST SUSSEXRead more
20000 - 25000 GBP Per Annum
WORTHING, WEST SUSSEXRead more