My client based in Luton is looking for a Retail Analyst who can work self-sufficiently, be able to manage and prioritise workload in a fast paced, high growth company. The successful candidate will be supporting our operations team, offering quality commercial insight and ensuring that key business decisions improve profitability.
The role sits in the Retail Finance Team and reports into the Senior Retail Analyst.
• Business Partner to a Divisional Operations Director with analytical insight to support decision making for your division
• Identify risks and opportunities within the P&L and present at monthly meetings to the ops team clearly and accurately.
• Sales and key cost line forecasting and reporting
• Supporting area managers to hit their labour and key cost lines budget on weekly conference calls
• Providing support and analysis on key business projects and presenting to key senior decision makers
• Create and share reporting, adapting to the key business initiatives, providing insight and recommendations
• Responsible for the divisional budget including preparing key costs line budgets in line with the company strategy and hosting budget meetings
• Develop imaginative and creative solutions to financial performance issues, promoting greater awareness of business drivers that affect business performance
• Able to adopt a flexible approach to providing ADHOC finance support to the ops teams and other stakeholders.
• Part qualified CIMA/ ACCA Student with a degree in Finance or Accounting (or similar)
• Exposure to Management Accounts
• Strong Excel skills with good formula knowledge like: VLOOKUP, SUMIF, MATCH, the ability to create and format graphs and tables and use large data extracts
• Intermediate PowerPoint skills with excellent presentation skills
• Ability to work to tight deadlines
• A “raring to go” mentality and willingness to progress
• Strong work ethic with a can do attitude
• The ability to apply the context of a situation to hypothetical scenarios
• The ability to make complex information simple
• Experience in Power BI is desirable.