Reed Talent Solutions are recruiting for a Residential Social Care Workers in a children’s secure unit. The role is to provide safe, supportive and positive care to all resident children and young people which will include proactive involvement in all aspects of their day to day care.
Location- Stapleford, NG9
Duration – Temporary on going shifts 2021 initially
Salary- £10-£13 per hour PAYE
Week 1 – Tuesday PM / Friday PM / Saturday AM / Sunday PM
Week 2- Wednesday PM / Saturday PM / Sunday AM
Week 3- Monday PM / Thursday PM
AM- 07:45 – 14:30
PM – 14:00- 22:45
- To offer young people high standards of physical and emotional care, involving supporting with education, life skills and health needs, including mental health support as part of the Corporate Parenting role.
- Communicate effectively with children, young people and their families.
- Work positively and enabling with children and young people with challenging behaviour.
- Assess and work with family dynamics and relationships.
- Have a working knowledge of child protection procedures.
- Ensure that children have access to representation and complaints procedure.
- Act as an advocate for the children and young people.
- Ensure that managers are informed of significant matters arising in connection with the Unit and/or the young people.
- Represent the Unit within the Department and to participate in planning and review processes and other forums.
- Maintain a current knowledge of legislation, practice issues and developments RMS REMAS Administration REMAS Job Role Form locally and nationally in the postholder's field of work.
- Have an understanding and knowledge of child development.
- Contribute to and implement effective strategies for managing challenging behaviour.
- Contribute to and implement child acre planning.
Experience and Skills Required:
- Registered for the NVQ caring for Children and Young People Level 3- If not currently held will be required to register on a programme and will be expected to achieve this within 6 months of being confirmed in post
- Experience within a child care environment and/or experience of a residential/group living setting and have knowledge of child development- A minimum of 6 months is required
- Excellent communication skills
- Tact, patience, resilience and the ability to cope in difficult situations
- The ability to build good working relationships
- The ability to work in teams with other professionals
- Enhanced DBS is essential for this role.
Due to the nature of the Centre, we cannot accept candidates who are younger than 21 years.
If you are interested in this role and have the relevant experience, please apply with your up to date CV.