We have a five fantastic opportunities for Residential Childcare Support Workers, working at a Leading Local Authority in Greater Manchester. This is a temporary full time role, initially for the next 2 - 3 months.
Your role will be to be part of a team offering comprehensive residential / outreach service to children and young people. With the aim being to ensure the physical, social and emotional care and development of the young people in the establishment.
- To provide for the practical and personal needs of service users on a day to day basis, and in partnership with families.
- Provide a positive role model and act as a key worker for identified children and young people, presenting yourself in a highly professional manner.
- To assess the needs of children and young people within the home, and to contribute to the planning and implementation of agreed care plans.
- Work flexibly and liaise closely with other professionals, in developing programmes of intervention with children and their families and contribute to reviewing these as appropriate.
- Working creatively and flexibly with young people and their families, to achieve the best possible outcomes for each young person in care. Recognising they all have their own individual needs and circumstances.
- Carry out duties in line with the Council’s policies and procedures, quality standards and children’s homes regulations.
- Participate in and complete reports, for statutory reviews and meetings concerning the young people. To attend any child related meetings as appropriate, and act as an advocate for the child where necessary.
- To be responsible for and administer medication to children and young people in the home, in accordance with the Departmental Policy and Procedures.
- To stimulate development and learning skills through play, social interactions and encouragement of children and young people to make informed choices.
- Valid Enhanced DBS on the Update Service
- Full UK Driving Licence, and access to a vehicle
- Previous Residential Childcare Support Worker experience
- Valid Team Teach Training Certificate
- Valid Administration of Medication Certificate
- Valid First Aid Certificate
- Recent experience of working with Looked After Children
- May be required to work across different settings in Bolton
- Would be required to do Sleep In shifts on a rota basis
- Excellent people skills, being able to talk to family members and senior professionals
- Reed Reward Benefits and Discounts
- Flexible Payment Options i.e. PAYE / Umbrella and Ltd options
- Weekly Pay, with Online Timesheet system