|Location: EALING, LONDON||Salary: 22000.00 - 40000.00 GBP Per Annum|
|Sector: Care||Job Type: Permanent|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: 2 months ago||Reference: 3110726|
Interviews are to be held as soon as possible so don't miss out and apply today!
This unique Autism Specialist School in west London is a performing arts specialist School where they provide a creative approach to education using superb facilities to allow for every child to develop and learn. Progressive and caring school offering inclusive education for students aged 4 to 19 with a residential stay facility onsite.
This autism Specialist School received an “Outstanding” review for their SEN providing and provides an on-site School psychologist, behaviour coordinators, speech & language therapist and occupational therapist to support both staff and students. With a well-structured School day, this SEN School provide a thoroughly warm environment where every child feels safe and valued.
The SEN school have a residential care facility onsite at the school. Up to 15 students between the ages of 11 to 19 years old live there during the term time and have 24/7 care given. This require you to assist the students throughout dinner times, bedtime and cleaning. This requires an element of personal care for each student.
Residential Manager – The School are looking for a highly passionate and experienced Children’s Home Manager who is interested in joining an international renowned Autism Specialist school.
This role is full-time working managing a small Residential home part of the School. Working with Children who have serve Autism and need that extra support to ensure they learn and develop throughout their education.
Looking for experienced managers who are able to work in conjunction with a small team of residential assistants who are happy to assist with personal care assisting day and night.
Fulltime position on an initial 6 month contract covering the full academic year (September 2017 to July 2018). 37 hours per week on a rolling rota covering 7 days per week including weekends, evenings, night waking and bank holidays.
They are looking for a candidate who ideally has:
• A Professional qualification relevant to working with children - level 3 or 4 Children & Young Peoples Workforce Diploma
• Previous experience working at a senior level in a residential setting for children.
• Previous Experience supporting young people with Autism Spectrum Disorders or other complex needs including PDA, OCD and ADHD is desirable along with knowledge of impact on learning of complex needs and ASD.
• Knowledge of OFSTED/DFE requirements relating to Children’s Homes and care practice requirements
• Knowledge of safeguarding and Health & Safety
• Proven ability to work on own initiative and manage staff effectively.
• Proven ability to record, report and assess both staff managing and students.
• Effectively liaise with young people & parents ensuring flexibility to the changing needs and wants of individuals we support.
• Driving Licence and Minibus driver licence is desirable.
• Passion for young people and their care is essential.
At Reed we want to ensure that you find the job that is the perfect fit for you. Our consultants are understanding, flexible and incredibly knowledgeable in their fields and are there to assist you in successfully moulding your teaching career.
If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity, and believe that you would be interested in continuing your teaching career in this school then please apply by sending your most up to date CV to Catherine.Squibb@reedglobal.com or call on 0208 237 6401.
16.76 - 19.72 GBP Per Hour
30.00 - 30.00 GBP Per Hour
GREATER MANCHESTER, LANCASHIRERead more
35.00 - 35.00 GBP Per Hour
TAMESIDE, LANCASHIRERead more
28.00 - 28.00 GBP Per Hour
LIVERPOOL, MERSEYSIDERead more
28.00 - 28.00 GBP Per Hour
SOUTHEND-ON-SEA, ESSEXRead more