We have a fantastic opportunity for a Residential Childcare Worker, working at a Leading Local Authority in Greater Manchester. This is a temporary full time role, initially for the next 3 months.
Your role will be to promote the rights of young people as individuals, and provide them with quality care in accordance with the policies and procedures of the organisation. Assisting in the provision of a safe and homely environment, both individually and s part of a team to help young people to achieve their potential by strengthening areas of weakness and developing areas of strength.
- To physically care for all the young people in the home, with regard to their health, physical development, hygiene, cleanliness and clothing needs in line with care and placement plans to meet identified needs.
- Undertake the role of a Keyworker for children / young people, advocating for them in a professional manner where required.
- Encourage young people to develop their full educational and vocational attainment
- To actively safeguard and promote the welfare of the children/ young people
- To also undertake planning and preparation for young people, who are being discharged from care to more independent living. Working in an outreach capacity as required to support young people returning home to live with family.
- Ability to adapt ways of working to meet individual young people’s needs, including young people with emotional and or behavioural difficulties and learning difficulties.
- To be a positive role model to assist young people in the development, and sustaining of positive social networks with adults and other peer groups.
- You must have the ability to maintain confidentiality of client information is also essential
- Valid Enhanced DBS on the Update Service
- Full UK Driving Licence, and access to a vehicle (desirable)
- Previous Residential Childcare Worker experience would be beneficial
- Supporting children and families within Greater Manchester
- Be comfortable to work in a Secure Unit
- Flexibility to work Day and or Night Shifts
- Excellent people skills, being able to talk to family members and senior professionals
- Reed Reward Benefits and Discounts
- Flexible Payment Options i.e. PAYE / Umbrella and Ltd options
- Weekly Pay, with Online Timesheet system