We have a fantastic opportunity for three Residential Childcare Worker, working at a Leading Local Authority in Greater Manchester. This is a temporary full time role, initially for the next 6-8 weeks.
Your role will be to work as part of a Team, who has worked with young people with challenging behaviour to work 1-1 with a young person in a children’s home environment. Also you will need to have worked with adolescents with challenging behaviour's, and or in adolescent in-patient setting.
- To physically care for all the young people in the home, with regard to their health, physical development, hygiene, cleanliness and clothing needs in line with care and placement plans to meet identified needs.
- To understand the impact of trauma, experienced by most young people who are ’in care’
- Be able to offer a nurturing approach, in the face of sometimes challenging behaviours.
- You will be working alongside both residential, and children’s social care staff to meet the holistic needs of children in your care.
- Your role will range from being prepared to support young people, with cooking meals to actively engage and encourage them to participate in home and community life.
- The role of this home is to help, and prepare young people to move on to a more permanent family life environment within their community.
- To understand the impact of a young person ‘feeling rejected’ and is able to support with de-escalation and emotional regulation
- To operate within the spirit and framework of the Children Act 1989, and strive to achieve the professional standards outlined for residential care in the ‘Guidance and Regulations’ document Vol5 and the legislation governing children’s homes.
- Assist in providing a safe, secure and accepting environment for Children and Young people, appropriate to their age, understanding and identified needs.
- Participate in the assessment of each child’s/young person’s needs and regular reviewing individual care plans / programmes.
- To receive children / young people admitted to the residential home in a sensitive/caring manner and to ensure individuals have an appropriate understanding of the background of their admission into care.
- Valid Enhanced DBS on the Update Service
- Full UK Driving Licence, and access to a vehicle (desirable)
- Must have Previous Residential Childcare Worker Mental Health experience
- Supporting children and families within Greater Manchester
- Must have worked with young people with emotional and behavioural difficulties aged between 11-18 years in a children’s home environment.
- NVQ Level 3 Qualification in Looking after Children and Young People
- Excellent people skills, being able to talk to family members and senior professionals
- Available to work flexible shifts including, evenings, sleep ins and weekends
- Reed Reward Benefits and Discounts
- Flexible Payment Options i.e. PAYE / Umbrella and Ltd options
- Weekly Pay, with Online Timesheet system