Reed Education Cardiff are looking to recruit an experienced Welsh Speaking SEN Home Tutor in the Caerphilly area. Currently, tutors will be working from remote teaching and not attending children's homes until it is safe to do so. Remote tutor's must be able to work in the Caerphilly are once the department moves back to 1-1 home tuition.
The role is working with Caerphilly County Borough Council. SEN Home Teacher’s may work with individuals with a range of complex social, learning and behavioural needs, as well as working with highly gifted and talented individuals. A desirable characteristic, would be the ability to identify individual requirements and be responsible for creating a safe, stimulating and supportive learning environment.
The ideal candidate will have:
• SEN experience – Welsh Speaking
• Ability to home tutor on a 1.1 basis
• Good behaviour management skills
• Be a flexible and confident individual who has a creative approach to teaching
• Ability to communicate clearly & effectively
• Commitment to improving the lives of young people
• Good organisational skills
• Independent working skills
• An engaging character.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
• Supporting individuals
• Help to prepare resources and equipment
• Liaising with other educational professionals
• Liaising closely with parents and guardians
• Plan, deliver and assess teaching and learning, using proven methods and approaches that enable SEN young children to learn
• Engage and motivate pupils
• Promote wider aspirations and values, as well as adhering to working protocols Ensure you uphold all safeguarding procedures, fully engaging in safeguarding training.
• Qualified Teacher Status or FE Qualifications;
• PGCE; (either primary or secondary)
• Subject to excellent references.
If you have a positive attitude, are passionate about working with young people and you have the right qualifications and qualities that we desire - we want to hear from you. Please send me your most up-to-date CV, by clicking the ‘Apply now’ button. If you have any questions, please contact the Reed Education, Cardiff, office and ask for Account Manager, Natasha on 02920 386515.