Reed Education Cardiff are looking to recruit an experienced SEN Remote Learning Tutor in the Caerphilly area. Remote tutor's must be able to work in the Caerphilly are once our department moves back to 1-1 home tuition. SEN Home Teacher’s may work with individuals with a range of complex social, learning and behavioural needs, as well as working with highly gifted and talented individuals. A desirable characteristic, would be the ability to identify individual requirements and be responsible for creating a safe, stimulating and supportive learning environment. The children that you will be teaching are out of the mainstream educational system for a variety of different reasons, for example medical, mental health, school phobia, behavioural and other complex reasons. You might be required to transition your pupil back into mainstream education, LPC, PRU or an educational centre after a period of time. Therefore, tutors who present themselves in a professional conduct is highly essential.
The ideal candidate will have:
• SEN experience
• Good behaviour management skills
• Be a flexible and confident individual who has a creative approach to teaching
• Ability to communicate clearly & effectively
• Commitment to improving the lives of young people
• Good organisational skills
• Independent working skills
• An engaging character.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
• Supporting individuals
• Help to prepare resources and equipment
• Liaising with other educational professionals
• Liaising closely with parents and guardians
• Plan, deliver and assess teaching and learning, using proven methods and approaches that enable SEN young children to learn
• Engage and motivate pupils
• Promote wider aspirations and values, as well as adhering to working protocols Ensure you uphold all safeguarding procedures, fully engaging in safeguarding training.
• Qualified Teacher Status or FE Qualifications;
• PGCE; (either primary or secondary)
• Subject to excellent references.
If you have a positive attitude, are passionate about working with young people and you have the right qualifications and qualities that we desire - we want to hear from you. Please send me your most up-to-date CV, by clicking the ‘Apply now’ button. If you have any questions, please contact the Reed Education, Cardiff, office and ask for Account Manager, Natasha Webber on 02920 386515.
Reed Education are very proud to be supporting schools across Wales through the National Procurement Service Framework. The pay rates quoted within this advert are subject to the role requirements stipulated by the school at the time of requesting a member of staff from us. Pay will always be clearly discussed and clarified with you before an assignment begins.