Registered Manager- Mental Health Unit- 30k
Based in North London
1. Under the direction of the Registered Service Provider, implement the requirements of CQC and Councils’ Quality Monitoring Teams.
2. To provide support and care to people with severe and enduring mental health problems and related issues which will assist and enable them to develop skills and maximum independence.
3. To manage the overall performance of the care support staff team.
4. To ensure the Home’s support and supervision systems are in operation for line-managing staff and directly manage senior care staff.
5. To supervise, appraise, encourage and motivate the staff team. To follow the induction process for all new staff.
6. To supervise the production of effective staff rotas to ensure a high quality, best practice, person-centred care and support service, over twenty-four hours which includes emergency on-call procedures.
7. To play a leading role in liaising directly with all other service providers, commissioners and agencies.
8. To be responsible for the compiling and implementation of individual care plans and individual risk assessments.
9. To have direct responsibility for the healthcare standards within the Home.
10. To participate in the referral process of potential residents to the Home, taking the lead on health needs and subsequent care requirements. Liaising with external bodies, general practitioners, community psychiatric nurses, social services, care managers, commissioners, psychiatrists, etc.
11. To liaise with other agencies for appropriate staff training and to oversee all record keeping within the Home, ensuring a high standard is maintained in compliance with CQC requirements.
12. To ensure that all areas in the Home are kept to a high standard of cleanliness and safety, reporting any areas of concern to the Registered Service Provider.
13. To have overall responsibility for the storage, inventory control and security of medication on the premises.
14. Respond to and deal with safeguarding concerns and complaints from residents and/or their families/representatives.
15. Respond to any staffing issues that may arise, adhering at all times to the appropriate companies Policies and Procedures.
16. Provide advice and support on the companies Policies and Procedures to all staff members.
17. To liaise with the Registered Care Provider for recruitment of staff and the use of agency staff.