We are working with a wonderful therapeutic care home for children based in North Kent, who need a Registered Manager
The House is a therapeutic provision for 8-18 year olds with complex needs, our service is unique. The House will accommodate three young people in the main home and up to two off site and in our self contained semi independence annex within the grounds of the home.
Purpose of the Role
The ideal candidates will need to be highly motivated, approachable, non-judgemental and show diversity in their approach to working with young people, this will include:
• Working as part of a professional team to promote and provide the highest standard of care for young people
• Managing a small staff team, completing supervisions of staff and supporting them in their role to meet their full potential
• Communicating effectively with young people and the staff team
• Supporting and motivating the staff team to empower young people to grow into confident and resourceful young adults who understand and take responsibility for their own behaviours
• Experience of supporting or mentoring others with excellent leadership skills
• The ability to take a lead in managing conflict situations in a calm and professional manner
• Communicate effectively with multi agencies within the social care sector, ensuring the transparency of the company is delivered consistently throughout the company.
• Experience of dealing with challenging behaviour.
• Knowledge of the main issues effecting young people today.
• Helping promote a stimulating, caring and culturally appropriate environment for the young people.
• You will be part of an on call rota to support the staff team out of hours
• Be available for cover.
• Have an understanding of Ofsted requirements and what is required to achieve outstanding when inspected
• Work with the Deputy Manager to successfully run a pioneering therapeutic children’s home
• You MUST be organised, committed and passionate about the work you do.The working day can be very unpredictable and no two days are the same. You will need to be flexible, adaptable and be able to read situations and help our young people make positive choices.
We provide care to the children we look after 24/7, 365 days a year; this includes key times such as Christmas, School holidays and Bank holidays.
Candidate Qualities & Requirements
• All applicants must have a valid full manual UK/EU driving licence and be over the age of 21 (in accordance with The Children’s Homes England) Regulations 2015).
• A-Level or equivalent (Preferred)
• Experience of leading a team
• Level 5 Diploma (QCF/NVQ) in Childcare and Young People
• A chance to make a real difference to the lives of the children
• A chance to gain real job satisfaction.
• Competitive salary plus optional overtime
• Commitment to professional and personal development through extensive training
• Opportunities to develop your understanding of Therapeutic Child Care
• 28 days annual leave
• Additional specialist training.
• Enrolment onto Pension scheme
• Career progression