|Location: EAST HUNTSPILL, SOMERSET||Salary: 29000 - 32000 GBP Per Annum|
|Sector: Care||Job Type: Permanent|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: 12 months ago||Reference: 3060075|
3 bedded children's residential, based in Somerset area.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Manage the home efficiently and effectively and in accordance with the Quality Standards, Childrens’ Homes regulation, company policies and Procedures and the home’s Statement of Purpose, while creating a safe and homely environment for the young people, therefore achieving positive judgement in regulatory inspections.
2. Ensure the delivery of the objectives identified in the young person’s Education, Care and Health Plans, Behaviour Support Plans and LAC/ CLA Review/ Planning Meetings in order to achieve the best possible progress and outcomes for the young people at the home, ensure the child’s welfare is paramount.
3. Promote and develop effective partnerships with parents/ significant others and a variety of multi agencies/ individuals to ensure bespoke needs of the young people can be met, co-ordinating access health, therapeutic and educational provision. Promoting and maintaining good relationships with local residents and the wider community.
4. Ensure that the key worker system is adhered to, promoting the participation of young people in the decision-making processes of the home and wider community, listening to their views, wishes and feelings.
5. Implement and enforce the Company guidelines on Health & Safety, Risk Assessment, Fire Safety procedures and Food Hygiene and ensure that staff are aware of Health and Safety procedures.
6. Promote anti-discriminatory practices and equal opportunity practices in line with Company policy.
7. Manage, support and develop the whole staff team through supervision, team meetings, absence management, accurate payroll management, probationary and annual performance appraisals to ensure that they are able to provide a high standard of childcare and performance, reporting and managing any performance issues accordingly. Manage and facilitate mandatory (including QCF & equivalent) and additional required training in accordance with the Company Training Policy and regulatory requirements.
8. Be accountable for the effective and efficient management of all aspects of home administration and record keeping, including specific responsibility for all staff, home, and Head Office records as directed by Senior Managers.
9. Participate in and promote the Company’s quality assurance systems at every level taking ultimate responsibility for compliance with the objective of achieving good or outstanding inspection reports through effective quality assurance inspections, assessment, monitoring and feedback.
10. Participate in the on-call system as required (1 in 12) and to submit on-call records on a timely basis as directed by the Managing Director and to be available to cover shifts when on-call when bank and agency staff cannot cover absences and be within reasonable travelling distance when the rota cannot be covered
11. To attend management and operational meetings as required and to cover shifts at their own home when all other options have been exhausted.
12. To undertake any other duties as may be required.
Good overall standard of education.
Level 3 Diploma in the Children and Young People Workforce or equivalent
QCF Level 5 (NVQ Level 4) in Leadership and Management or equivalent.
A minimum of 2 years’ previous experience within the last 5 years in a position relevant to the residential care of children and, for at least 1 year, requiring the supervision and management of staff working in a care role
Experience of working under Child Protection legislation.
Recent experience of childcare planning, development and review, Implementation of policies and procedures and Quality Assurance Monitoring.
Excellent knowledge of Children’s Home legislation
Thorough knowledge of child protection/safeguarding procedures and protocols.
Knowledge of recent developments in residential child care strategies, policy and national initiatives.
Able to apply therapeutic techniques in direct work with young people and able to be a reflective practitioner of proven ability.
27000 - 27000 GBP Per Annum, inc benefits
CARDIFF, SOUTH GLAMORGANRead more
27000.00 - 27000.00 GBP Per Annum, inc benefits
PONTYPOOL, GWENTRead more
29000.00 - 33000.00 GBP Per Annum
PILNING, AVONRead more
13.50 - 14.74 GBP Per Hour
BRENTWOOD, ESSEXRead more
26.00 - 28.00 GBP Per Hour
DUDLEY, WEST MIDLANDSRead more