REGISTERED CHILDREN'S HOME MANAGER
£33,000 - £60,000 (including bonus)
40 hours per week (Permanent role)
Be responsible for running this small Children's Home bringing on board your experience and expertise in dealing with young people aged 11 to 18 years old with emotional and behavioural difficulties in the role of a Registered Children's Homes Manager. This position requires someone to implement, maintain and develop the Residential Services in accordance with the Children’s Homes Regulations and ensure compliance with the regulations and standards of the National Care Standards Act 2000.
• To support and encourage young people, offering guidance, enabling them to
effectively manage difficulties and issues facing them.
• To ensure the Young People receive individual support according to their
needs, and where appropriate, their wishes.
• To work collaboratively with young people, their families, residential workers
and other relevant professionals.
• To listen to young people enabling them to participate in the range of socially
valued activities and interests within the community, optimising full use of
• To maintain, promote and encourage, where appropriate, young people’s links
and contacts with their own families and friends.
• To promote and encourage young people to be proactive in their health and
wellbeing, encourage and support them to maintain a healthy life style.
• To provide for the needs of young people from different backgrounds,
religions and culture, ensuring that young people are not discriminated
against in any way.
• To ensure the measures of control used within the home fall within service
policies and practice and enable young people to gradually take more
responsibility for their own behaviour and assume more control over their
• To positively encourage and support young people to attend education,
employment, training facilities made available to them. To advocate on their
behalf where such facilities have either not been made available or have been
• To provide young people with the opportunity and experience to develop
social and practical living skills enabling them to make a smooth transition into
If this is in line with your career experience, please apply immediately!