We have a fantastic opportunity for a Registered Children’s Home Manager working at a Leading Local Authority in Greater Manchester. This is a Temporary Full-time role, initially for the next 3 months.
Your role will be to be responsible for the overall management of a Children’s Residential Home, and for the maintenance of high professional standards and practice. To ensure that resources are used and organised in ways which re consistent with council and service policies and procedures and with legal frameworks for children’s homes and looked after children.
To operate within the framework of the Children Act, and the children’s homes Quality Standards and Regulations.
Operate within the frameworks as set out in the wider statutory guidance and legislation relating to the care of looked after children, including those relating to care planning, placement and review, education, health and leaving care.
Be responsible for identifying risk factors with regards to children and young people and to manage identified risks in line with the departments policies and procedures and care planning processes.
Promote, encourage, and facilitate the improvement of staff skills and knowledge by direct and indirect coaching and training in consultation / conjunction with staff and with the training department.
Ensure that there is effective contribution in developing and implementing the care plan for children in residential services and that records demonstrate the homes progress in meeting expectations as set out in the plan.
To ensure that children and young people are made aware of their rights and responsibilities and they are provided with relevant information and consultation upon admission and throughout their time living at the home relating to complaints, planning and day to day running of the home.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a manager of a Residential Children’s home
- Valid Enhanced DBS on the Update Service
- At least 5 years of experience of residential child work
- Diploma Level 5 in Management or equivalent would be desirable
- Excellent people skills, being able to talk to children, families, and other senior professionals.
- Ofsted Registered
- Reed Reward Benefits and Discounts
- Flexible Payment Options i.e. PAYE / Umbrella and Ltd options
- Weekly Pay, with Online Timesheet system