|Location: LEEDS, WEST YORKSHIRE||Salary: 27300.00 - 27300.00 GBP Per Annum|
|Sector: Property & Construction||Job Type: Permanent|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: 6 months ago||Reference: 3046142|
Home based – Leeds area
Permanent, competitive salary
The UK's leading planning body for spatial, sustainable and inclusive planning and the largest in Europe with over 24,000 members, is now seeking a Regional Co-ordinator for the Yorkshire region.
Your new company is a membership organisation and a Chartered Institute responsible for maintaining professional standards, accrediting world class planning courses nationally and internationally and advancing the art and science of planning for the benefit of the public. Due to company growth, they are now seeking a Regional Co-ordinator to support the local volunteer committee in the delivery of their local business plan.
Predominantly, you will be responsible for organising and managing regional events for members, including sourcing venues and speakers. Organised events include both CPD programmes and social events, providing members with networking opportunities. You will also be responsible for:
• Supporting the Regional Management Board (RMB) in the delivery of the regional business plan and the promotion of national initiatives locally, organising and managing regional events, volunteer management; building relationships with key stakeholders and administrative support for the whole region.
• Assisting the Regional Activities Committee (RAC) in the development and implementation of a programme of CPD and networking events, meeting the needs of members and also covering subjects identified as of Institute wide importance to the profession.
• Organising and managing events in line with agreed budgets. This includes booking speakers/venues/catering and all the necessary administration, marketing and communications for each event. The Co-ordinator will manage the evaluation of all events through member feedback and provide reports for the RAC.
• Communicating pro-actively with regional members, through a variety of channels including e-bulletins, e-newsletters and social media, keeping members informed of all regional activities, showcasing best practice in the region, and generating interest in events.
• Maintaining and updating the regional web pages regularly, ensuring that copy and media is relevant and informative with links to forthcoming events.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities, and is subject to change in accordance with the needs of your new company.
To be successful in this position, you will need:
• Experience of organising events and event marketing
• Good organisation and project management skills
• Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
• Experience of administration work
• A high standard of IT skills including experience of using databases, bulk email systems, and basic web editing.
• Strong interpersonal and influencing skills with a pro-active attitude
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• The ability to work on your own initiative in a predominantly stand-alone role and excellent interpersonal skills
• A strong customer focus
• Ability to travel to meetings in Yorkshire, particularly the Leeds/Sheffield areas and some regular meetings in London
• Ability to attend evening meetings
If this role sounds like something you would be interested in please click apply or if you require more information please contact Melanie Dean on 0113 236 8956, email@example.com
18000.00 - 18500 GBP Per Annum
EDINBURGH, MIDLOTHIANRead more
45000.00 - 55000.00 GBP Per Annum
PLYMOUTH, DEVONRead more
45000 - 55000 GBP Per Annum
BRISTOL, AVONRead more
19 - 24 GBP Per Hour
BARNWOOD, GLOUCESTERSHIRERead more
50000.00 - 55000.00 GBP Per Annum
BIRMINGHAM, WEST MIDLANDSRead more