A Public Sector organisation based in Oxford are currently looking for a Regeneration Officer to join their team on an initial 12 month contract with a daily rate up to £350 per day, this role will be working from home for the foreseeable future.
To be part of a team responsible for the delivery of a portfolio of complex high profile, multi million pound capital development and regeneration projects, working collaboratively with people in teams across the organisation as well as external contractors/consultants, members, residents and partners. Projects covered will include the provision of heat pumps, thermal storage and battery storage at the organisations sites and development of renewable energy to power to reduce carbon emissions. We are looking for someone with experience of managing complex construction projects
Working closely with the PMO, you will act as an intelligent client taking projects through the full development cycle from conception to delivery. You will have expertise and a strong track record, and ideally a professional qualification in one or more areas that enable you to provide challenge and ensure successful project delivery. These areas include planning, design, development, architecture, and construction.
To champion and deliver the place-making agenda, working across internal teams and external partners. To effectively and innovatively use the levers available to co-ordinate interventions in the built environment that bring about genuine positive change within the city.
Role responsibilities and main duties
Leading on projects at all stages of the project cycle, from concept development, through feasibility and detailed design/technical specification through to delivery and evaluation
Commissioning and co-ordinating the delivery of multi-million pound development and regeneration projects on council owned assets, working with external technical teams, contractors and development partners.
Influencing and facilitating third-party developments, where these are critical to the council’s wider objectives
Delivering meanwhile projects to help deliver quick wins on key sites, maintain momentum and demonstrate intent
Negotiating with developers, operators and other partners to secure the best outcomes
- Demonstrable experience of delivering major capital projects.
- Experience of delivering a concurrent portfolio of complex projects. Demonstrating familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle.
- Using and applying frameworks, methodologies and knowledge to a range of differing project contexts (e.g. RIBA Plan of Works, BREEAM Communities, HM Treasury’s Better Business Cases etc.)
- Experienced budget manager with large scale regeneration and capital projects experience.
- Clear and evidenced understanding of risk management associated with project delivery
- Exceptional communication skills with an ability to build and maintain great relationships at all levels and with a wide variety of strategic and local stakeholders
- Manages conflicting and competing priorities effectively utilising excellent analytical and decision making skills demonstrating the ability to 'standalone'.
- Experience of demonstrating strong leadership and negotiation skills promoting a positive, enabling and partnership working culture.