|Location: RAYNES PARK, LONDON||Salary: 75000.00 - 80000.00 GBP Per Annum|
|Sector: Technology||Job Type: Permanent|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: 1|
|Posted: 3 months ago||Reference: 3173097|
Reed Specialist Recruitment (RSR) is the largest part of the Reed Global Group (www.reedglobal.com), which also includes Europe’s biggest jobsite - www.reed.co.uk; one of the world’s leading Welfare To Work providers - Reed In Partnership; and the UK’s leading training provider - Reed Learning.
We have been operating since 1960 when Sir Alec Reed first set us up and he has now handed over the reins to his son James Reed, so we are still a family run business to this day. Not bad for a company that has more than 3,000 permanent employees working across 425 business units in 180 locations worldwide, including Europe, the Middle East and Asia Pacific!
Job title: Technical Architect
Company: Reed Specialist Recruitment
Based: Raynes Park, London
Salary: From £75,000 dependant on experience + Company benefits
Contract: permanent and full time
What is this role?
REED are a leader in the recruitment market place and we aim to further develop this through the innovative use of technology to drive both productivity gains and open up new market opportunities. Technology will power these ambitions through scalable and adaptable solutions that can be delivered faster to market, in a mobile first model, to better meet the changing and diverse needs of our customers.
REED is currently going through a programme of Digital Transformation across its entire IT estate that will radically transform the way in which the organisation delivers its IT Services. It is therefore looking for a successful and experienced Technical Architect to join its dynamic in-house IT team to both shape and deliver the technology solutions which will drive our business forwards.
We are looking for an individual with a proven track record gained through current, hands-on involvement in designing and developing systems in both legacy and greenfield environments. Ideally, we are seeking someone with experience in moving IT Departments from a traditional on premise infrastructure, to a dynamic, scalable, DevOps driven, Cloud and Hybrid-Cloud environment.
Your main areas of responsibility will include jointly defining the technology strategy across all aspects of the IT department, defining architectures and designs that encompass all aspects of a solution across people, process and technology, acting as the technical design authority for all projects under your remit, and also defining the operational processes for new solutions and ensuring new technology can be successfully adopted by the business.
We are a lean, focused department and you will likely be a team of one from a technical design perspective; owning everything from direction & design, to implementation and test, all the time liaising with the business stakeholders to ensure their requirements are met. As a result, this will be a hands-on role and you must be comfortable with all levels of architecture & design, including detailed analysis, data manipulation and specification of success criteria.
What can REED offer you?
We offer a variety of other company benefits such as 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, the chance to buy, sell and carry over holiday, paid sabbaticals after every 5 years of service, long standing service awards, a discount scheme, pension, season ticket loans, access to health insurance, free eye tests, personal development schemes, paid rewards for innovative ideas, childcare vouchers and much more.
The successful candidate must have a strong understanding of all general architectural practices, and be specialist in at least one of the following: ERP systems, CRM and web platforms, Data analytics, data-driven systems and Big Data and Infrastructure and IT Operations architecture.
Applicants must also be able to demonstrate the following skills, experience and abilities:
1. Strategic information systems analysis and planning across people, process and technology
2. Technical design authority for large projects, balancing build versus buy decisions
3. Enterprise level solutions design for both functional and non-functional (security, reliability, availability, scalability, performance) requirements, and oversight of delivery through to implementation
4. Design of datacentre-level computing architectures, in both Cloud and Hybrid solutions, as well as application and solution deployments across Cloud/SaaS and on premise environments
5. Pragmatic design of innovative adaptable solutions through Service Oriented Architecture and diverse Systems Integration, which can be deployed in phases, and where differing component systems can evolve independently over time
6. Experience of large-scale database / big data / data warehousing solutions, and ideally the move from traditional/reactive data reporting to more modern distributed/proactive data analysis and learning
7. Experience of large-scale identity management and security architectures across distributed and heterogeneous technology landscapes
8. Assessment of people and process changes required as part of an overall solution
9. Articulation and communication of design decisions and architectural principles to non-technical stakeholders
10. Assessment of and technical due diligence for procurement of 3rd party services
11. Troubleshooting and diagnosis of complex technical issues in production environments
70000.00 - 90000.00 GBP Per Annum
SOLIHULL, WEST MIDLANDSRead more
65000 - 70000 GBP Per Annum, inc benefits
BOURNEMOUTH, DORSETRead more
30756.00 - 36153.00 GBP Per Annum, inc benefits
COVENTRY, WEST MIDLANDSRead more
40000.00 - 50000.00 GBP Per Annum, inc benefits
BIRMINGHAM, WEST MIDLANDSRead more
500.00 - 550.00 GBP Per Day
KIDLINGTON, OXFORDSHIRERead more