We are currently looking for a Reablement Team Leader in Islington. This is a full time, temporary position, working between 7am - 3pm or 2pm -10pm Monday to Sunday.
If you are interested, have the right experience and qualifications, please apply ASAP!
Primary Job Function
To support the Manager of the service to deliver of a high quality Reablement and Home Support service in line with regulatory requirements. This will involve providing direct management and supervision to a team of Support Workers. The Service operates 365 days per year, 8.00am – 10.00pm. On a rota basis and subject to the needs of the Service, the post holder is required to work on a rota basis which will include working Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To have delegated responsibility for the day to day management, monitoring and performance of the Reablement and Home Support Service, ensuring that it operates within departmental policies and procedures at all times.
- To assist the Manager of the service with prioritising and allocating the work of the Reablement and Home Support Team (scheduling) during normal working hours, in the evenings and at weekends, including planning and organising the cover for annual leave and absence of regular staff.
- To have delegated responsibility for the recruitment of staff and for the day to day management of HR matters, including matters of performance, attendance and discipline.
- Assess the learning and development needs of individual staff members; participate in the planning and implementation of appropriate training.
- To provide induction, supervision and appraisal to Support Workers in line with departmental policy and as delegated by the Manager of the service.
- Ensure safe systems of work for staff as delegated by the Manager of the service.
- Carry out duties in accordance with the Council's Health and Safety Policy and relevant Health and Safety legislation, ensuring that Health and Safety requirements, including moving/handling and risk assessments are understood and complied with.
- To monitor and evaluate service provision in accordance with individual care plans, service agreements and agreed quality standards for service delivery.
- Participate in the revision of service policies and procedures and the setting of quality standards.
- To ensure that procedures for handling service users money, including collection of pensions, payment of rent and other bills are implemented and adhered to in line with Departmental Policy and procedures.