Are you currently looking for a change in your career?
Would you like a new role that is both challenging and fulfilling?
Reed Further Education are currently working in partnership with Novus, and are recruiting for a Radio Production Trainer to join the education team at HMP Stoke Heath, on a temporary cover basis.
HMP Stoke Heath is a male category C adult and youth offender establishment, based in Shropshire. The prison holds approximately 700 prisoners. This is a training prison, that offers full time and part time education and all skills courses are accredited. There are also behaviour and drug treatment courses delivered.
This offers an exciting new opportunity for individuals who are looking to further their previous experience and work alongside a successful education team with the mutual focus on rehabilitation for the inmates in the establishment. Teaching in prisons is an incredibly rewarding challenge and the education departments are looking to welcome driven individuals to join their team.
- Teaching Qualification (PTLLS or above)
- Recognised Level 3 qualification or above in an identified subject and professional experience
- Have an interest in the rehabilitation and resettlement of offenders
- Have an ability to communicate effectively at all times through different mediums, including spoken and written communication.
- A flexible and responsive attitude
- Enthusiasm for the subject area
- Willingness to innovate and demonstrate self-motivation
- Awareness of and commitment to the promotion of equal opportunities and the recognition of diversity and inclusion
- Experience of instructing/supporting people with challenging behaviour
- Assessor or IV qualification is desirable.
- Experience in a prison environment
If you are interested and would like to find out more about available and potential positions, please apply and we will get in touch to discuss