Social Worker – Access and Assessment Team – South East London
Reed are currently recruiting experienced Children’s Social Workers for a client in South East London. You must have previous experience within the same team or similar.
YOU MUST HAVE COMPLETED YOUT ASYE TO BE CONSIDERED IF YOU QUALIFIED POST 2012!
Duties/experience will include:
• To have experience or a willingness to be trained in and use the Signs of Safety practice model
we use when working with children and families.
• To work in a respectful and professional manner with children and families that is focused on
achieving what is in the best interest of the child.
• Consistently use the Signs of Safety practice model when assessing risks or worries, what is
working well, and exploring the next steps to improve the outcomes and safety of the children
and young people we serve.
• To undertake regular visits to and work creatively with children and young people in order to
develop a good rapport that allows you to obtain the child’s wishes and feelings and to make
sure these inform the work that you do.
• To work with children and families in a variety of diverse and complex contexts, such as mental
ill health, disability, substance misuse, domestic abuse, sexual exploitation, radicalisation, poverty,
discrimination, and immigration.
• To be able to apply relevant social work theories and research in a way that helps best
understand the lived experiences of children and young people, such as child development,
attachment theory, impact of childhood trauma, and the cycle of grooming and sexual abuse.
• To explore contingency plans that utilise the families support network as much as possible, even
when exploring other caring arrangements for children.
• To recognise the importance of working within existing laws, statutory guidance, and local
safeguarding policies and procedures that govern the work we do.
• To be responsible for and manage children’s cases in the respective team or service area you are
placed (ie: children looked after, referral and assessment, etc)
• To coordinate and implement plans that are based on updated assessments and address areas of
unmet safety and welfare needs for children.
You must be Social Work England registered and have a minimum of 2 years post qualified experience.
Benefits of this Qualified Social Work role includes:
• Competitive rates of pay
• Strong management and supervision
• Long contracts available
• Low staff turnover
You will need to have:
• Social Work England Registration
• Post Qualified experience as a Social Worker
• Eligibility to work in the UK
•Dedicated expert consultant
•Online timesheets & pay management
•Automatic invoicing (Ltd Co)
•Regular progress reports and face-to-face service reviews
•Office hours 8am-6pm to provide support/advice
•Recommend-a-Friend bonus for referrals
•Substantial Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Fund to put towards training or other development
•Reed Rewards and Holiday pay (PAYE only)
• Personalised CV service
Interviews are taking place immediately so please apply now to avoid disappointment! Alternatively, for more information or if you are a Qualified Social Worker looking for a role within a different team please contact email@example.com
Refer a friend and be rewarded with a £250 bonus!