Our client is looking to hire a Quantity Surveyor to start immediately in the Bolton/Chorley area.
Control of costs, from procurement to Final Account for all aspects of cost. Administration of Sub-Contracts. Production of internal valuations.
Staff: As appropriate - Assistant Surveyors, Commercial Assistants
Scope: The Surveying Department in an Operating Division is responsible for monitoring and controlling expenditure on all the company’s developments by controlling the “cost of sales”, as well as ensuring that all Group Commercial policies and procedures are adhered to within the company.
The job holder is responsible for Procurement, Payments, Valuations and administration of Health and Safety procedures.
- With assistance from Commercial Manager prepare subcontract Enquiry List for approval by Head of Commercial and Head of Construction.
- Prepare full enquiry pack, collating all tender information, ensuring fully compliant tender packs are issued.
- Analyse tenders upon return to ensure compliant bids are received.
- Prepare detailed breakdown of build cost included within land acquisition pack.
- Prepare tender analysis comparing individual tenders against each other and against build cost within land acquisition pack.
- Prepare tender authority sheet including recommendation to Commercial Lead for placing subcontract order.
- For new contractors, ensure Health and Safety Contractor Competency Questionnaires are issued; analyse and action returned questionnaires.
- Assemble Health and Safety Policies, Method Statements and Risk Assessments.
- Ensure all health and safety information is signed off prior to placing Order.
- Compile sub-contract Order, issue for contractor to sign and ensure Order is returned prior to work commencing.
- Attend pre-start meeting, handover completed procurement pack to site team.
- Draft Customer Extras Sheet for Commercial Lead to agree with Sales Lead. Price agreed customer extras list with final sub-contractors. Issue Customer Extras List at pre-start meeting.
- Ensure sub-contractor weekly and monthly applications for payment are analysed and checked.
- Prepare interim payments for approval by Commercial Lead. Draft Budget estimate summary for approval by Commercial Lead Issue contra-charges as appropriate.
- Keep Payment Record Sheets up to date following completion of each weekly and monthly payment run.
- Highlight claims for additional works outside Budget Estimate Summary and report to Commercial Lead
- Settle all Final Accounts expediently after works complete.
- Carry out monthly progress checklist on site for all relevant sites.
- Audit progress (input by Site Manager) on valuation system.
- Prepare sub-contract accruals.
- Produce Value/Cost Reconciliation (VCR).
- Carry out cost and value reconciliation on all items in VCR and agree final VCR with Lead.
- Prepare Cost Value Comparison (Profit & Loss) notes on VCR report.
- Report/Present on VCR Site(s) at monthly CVC meetings.
Salary: £30,500 - £46,000
- company car / car allowance;
- bonus scheme;
- 24 days annual leave, plus the option to purchase additional holidays (up to 32 days) / sell leave should they wish;
- Sick pay entitlements
- A number of other benefits / initiatives pertinent to the role