|Location: CATFORD, LONDON||Salary: 48000 - 52000 GBP Per Annum|
|Sector: Property & Construction||Job Type: Permanent|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: 29 days ago||Reference: 3051049|
• Use lifecycle costing techniques to select the products and materials that will be used in our construction projects;
• Put in place direct purchasing agreements with key suppliers;
• Ensure that proposals submitted by construction consultants meet the agreed standards and provide value for money.
To be responsible for setting standards for the products and materials that will be used on the various programmes of construction work undertaken by Lewisham Homes. To ensure that the standards take account of stakeholder aspirations, life cycle cost analysis and the need to comply with statutory regulations.
To develop a process for selecting construction suppliers based on the standards that have been set and maintain a register of preferred products/suppliers. To evaluate bids submitted by interested suppliers through the application of quality and price assessment models.
To put in place direct purchasing arrangements with key suppliers that align with the construction contracts that are used by Housing Assocation to deliver construction works.
To scrutinise reports submitted by external construction consultants to ensure that their proposals comply with the register of preferred products/suppliers and represent best value for Housing Assocation.
To maintain relationships with key suppliers, providing regular feedback, securing continuous improvement and ensuring that best value is maintained over time.
To ensure compliance with the Public Contracts Regulations 2015, Standing Orders, the Commonhold and Leasehold Reform Act 2002 (S151) and all other relevant statutory regulations.
• Sets “SMART” project objectives and communicates clearly with stakeholders.
Planning and Delivering Customer Satisfaction
• Tenacious and proactive, delivering tasks, goals and promises promptly and on time.
Communicating, Collaborating and Influencing
• Uses a range of techniques to influence others e.g. explaining benefits and giving background information.
Adapting and Responding to Change
• Contributes positively to the change process and sees change as an opportunity to deliver construction works more efficiently.
Innovating, Learning and Strategic Commercial Thinking
• Takes an innovative approach to securing value for money in the procurement and management of construction projects.
• Conducts strategic project reviews and implements the recommendations to achieve continuous improvement.
• Experience of working as a Quantity Surveyor on a variety of projects with a value of up to £10m.
Education and Qualifications
• Educated to Degree standard or equivalent in Quantity Surveying
• High standard of literacy and numeracy.
• Proficient in the use Microsoft IT packages, particularly Excel and Access.
• Preferably a member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (Quantity Surveying & Construction Professional Group) or equivalent.
40000 - 60000 GBP Per Annum
COLCHESTER, ESSEXRead more
40000 - 49000 GBP Per Annum
BRISTOL, AVONRead more
37000.00 - 47000.00 GBP Per Annum
NORWICH, NORFOLKRead more
45000.00 - 55000.00 GBP Per Annum
PORTSMOUTH, HAMPSHIRERead more
38000 - 45000.00 GBP Per Annum
PORTSMOUTH, HAMPSHIRERead more