Quality Manager - Offshore Wind
Salary circa £48-60k, pension up to 15% plus bonus, healthcare etc.
The company is part of a large global energy organisation and are currently looking for a Quality Manager ideally with experience of wind farm / renewable energy projects for a role covering a large project in the UK
This would suit a senior Quality Professional with experience of delivering on major infrastructure projects ideally in a lead role with management of other quality team members
The Quality Manager will implement a Quality Management System based upon ISO9001-20015 within a development Project.
As the project advances to the execution phase, the responsibility will change to delivery of the quality control programme across all packages of work as a Project QA Manager.
Responsibility will include a budget of circa £7M as well as co-ordination of the work of 4 Quality Engineers and up to 18 inspectors.
The role holder will ensure all measures are implemented to maintain an auditable trail for sub-contracted works and services and that non-compliances are rectified, and plant is delivered is fit for purpose, on a circa £2Bn project.
Skills and Experience
- Relevant qualifications and memberships
- Experience in formulating budgets and resource plans for Senior Management.
- Management experience of a team of quality engineers and inspectors
- Experience in writing specification and negotiating them with major contractors.
- Knowledge of contract negotiation for framework contracts for surveillance agencies.
- Inspection qualifications and/or industry experience in areas such as welding and coating would be an advantage.
- Experience in assessing, managing and where necessary improving supplier performance.
- Knowledge of the offshore industry standards and significant knowledge of the offshore supply chain would be advantageous.
The company offer competitive salary, company bonus and excellent benefits including healthcare, insurance and up to 15% pension contribution
For details please apply online or contact David Constance at Reed Engineering on 01173178000