Quality/Production Manager - Stockport - £30 to £40K
Benefits: Christmas Bonus + Company Pension
Experience with Print and Flexible Packaging Essential
We have a fantastic opportunity as a Production/Quality Manager within a growing international packaging supply company based in Stockport. We are looking for a Production / Quality Manager with a strong printing background and knowledge of flexible packaging and film structures.
Exceptional individual required to work within one of the UK’s most dynamic and innovative flexible packaging suppliers. The ideal candidate will have the ability to project manage new work and liaise with account managers and production facilities. Deep understanding of print and repro processes together with some knowledge of flexible film structures are essential. The role involves the management of projects from artwork through to delivery to client. The candidate will also have overall responsibility for the quality systems employed by the company, therefore some understanding of BRC/ ISO accreditations is desirable.
The role carries overall responsibility for the quality of all manufactured products, this extends to checking incoming goods and production samples. Where necessary investigating and reporting non-conformances on or off site and reporting back with corrective actions. The candidate has responsibility to ensure that manufacturing sites are compliant with all necessary accreditations, some overseas travel will be necessary.
- Strong printing background, ideally with an understanding of Flexo and Gravure
- Knowledge of Flexible Packaging and film structures
- Experience and understanding of repro processes
- Fully conversant with X-rite and other colour management systems
- Artwork development and approval, including the ability to clearly understand technical drawings (cutters / keylines)
- International supply logistics
- Understanding of BRC and ISO quality systems
- Ability to undertake overseas and domestic travel where required
- Have a clear understanding of current Regulations on plastics in contact with Food and apply HACCP, TACCP and VACCP principles to our operations
- Have and maintain a clear understanding of the Food Contact Regulations for Plastics and operate a Lab testing protocol with the factories, in order to provide a Declaration of Compliance (legal requirement)
- Highly organised with excellent communication skills
- Proficient with MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) and databases (using in-house system)
- Ability to prioritise and work both independently and within a team
- Attentive to details and problem-solving approach
- Basic understanding of chemistry and laboratory testing of packaging and/or print
- Experience or knowledge of automated filling / packing line technology