We are recruiting for a Quality Inspector to join our client’s team in Kent.
The main responsibility in this role is to perform an AS9102 First Article Inspection of metal castings used in the Aerospace industry.
- Carrying out an AS9102 First article inspection using engineers blue and scribes and Verniers.
- Working from Engineering drawings and measuring and marking out components
- Carrying out vibro etching
- Rectification of goods to establish the profiles of castings are linear to drawing requirement
- Act as second signatory to the company’s quality control department, booking out work.
- In this role, the Quality Inspector may be required to go lead in the final inspection of the metal components, working on their own initiative to customer specifications as well as the AS9100 quality control standard systems in place
- Use Microsoft packages for reporting
Experience and knowledge required
- Have knowledge of reading and interpreting drawings and measuring and mark out.
- Have knowledge of using alternate marking out processes
- Have experience of vibro etching
- Be experienced in the use of Microsoft Office packages
- Have an understanding of the casting process and be able to check castings to drawing criteria prior to despatch.
Hours: 39 per week, Monday to Thursday 7:30 - 16:30 with a 30 minute break, Friday 7:30 - 12:30