The role holder is responsible for the implementation of Quality and Food Safety Management Systems for product innovations on the new Gloucester production lines. Primarily this will be the implementation of the new vegan and dairy free products in to the factory. This is a key leadership role within the factory QA Team bringing technical knowledge, tenacity and a professional approach to ensure that quality standards are implemented for the innovations being introduced to the site. A day based role but with the flexibility and drive to support the factory as and when business needs require.
The main responsibilities are as follows:
- Implementation of the relevant quality management systems including the documentation of procedures, policies, standards and records in line with established FSSC certification and company standards such as Dairy Free and/or Vegan production, FDA approval for potential USA export, Kosher Certification, Halal Certification, Fair Trade
- Developing the quality training programme to educate staff about relevant aspects of the QMS and standards relating to new production facilities and innovations.
- Developing the commissioning plans at for product acceptance at first production, working with technical, project & R&D functions.
- Lead and co-ordinate the implementation of Dairy Free production.
- Representing the site quality function to the project management team and to the European/Global working groups.
- Support the QA team to:
- Define controls, inspections, sampling plans and traceability requirements to manage risks from food allergen, microbiological, physical and chemical contamination.
- Develop cleaning procedures specific to the innovations and new equipment
- Define quality parameters e.g. CRQS, weights/volumes
- Development of HACCP plans
- Manage positive release of new products
- Educated to degree level the job holder will have a strong technical background and understanding of food safety management requirements.
- Relevant experience in Quality Assurance/Laboratory and food safety management.
- A real leader and a dynamic individual who is prepared to drive the implementation of innovations.
- Energy – The ability to create and maintain a high level of appropriately directed activity, capacity to work hard, drive and stamina.
- Commitment-Belief in own job and its value to the organisation, makes extra effort for the Company.
- Good communication skills – verbal and written.
- Decisiveness –does not jump to conclusions and seeks a variety of solutions, analyses for best fit. Able and willing to make decisions.
- Initiative – Actively influencing events rather than passively accepting. Seizes opportunities when they arise and act on them. Originates action.
- Leadership – the ability to motivate and manage people to achieve group objectives. Constructively critiques performance and seeks improvement.
- Competence in standard Microsoft applications
- Competence in SAP applications would be an advantage
- Driving licence holder would be an advantage
- Some weekend / out of hours working
- Occasional travel (UK and Europe)