An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Quality Engineer to join a leading manufacturing company in their purpose built state of the art plant with capabilities of supplying to Europe
- Reviewing manufacturing processes and techniques to find efficiencies.
- Investigating customer complaints, using root cause analysis and other tools, and implementing corrective actions.
- Carrying out quality risk assessments.
- Conducting supplier audits and giving appropriate feedback.
- Analysing supplier and sub-contractor performance and implementing improvement measures.
- Carrying out internal audits and hosting external auditor visits in line with our ISO accreditations.
- Delivering training to staff: this may be via ‘toolbox talks’ or presentations.
- Overseeing the document management system.
- Creating management reports on quality issues.
Beneficial Qualifications / Experience:
- Proven experience and working knowledge of ISO 9001 management system development, implementation and improvement, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of ISO 27001 Information Security management systems.
- Practical experience of working with and implementing quality improvement techniques – Six Sigma, LEAN Manufacturing and problem-solving tools such as root cause analysis, 8D, fishbone diagrams and five whys.
- Experience of carrying out internal audits, identifying non-conformances, giving feedback and developing improvement plans.
- Strong team working skills, in order to collaborate with different areas to implement improvements.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to tailor delivery to different audiences.
- Motivation to challenge the ‘status quo’, balanced with a supportive approach to change management and the associated challenges this brings.
- The ability to work autonomously