Our client, a Local London Borough Authority is seeking a Qualified Social Worker Team Manager to join their UASC Team
Pay rate is up to £42.00 per hour (umbrella).
The role will require/involve the following:
- Ensure staffing resources are deployed effectively so that professional performance standards and statutory time scales are met and maintained.
- Continually monitor performance against key performance indicators and take appropriate action as necessary to meet and improve performance.
- Ensure effective and regular supervision and appraisal (PES) takes place. Set and review targets; monitor individual performance; provide guidance and direction; take appropriate management action to ensure the effective performance of all staff. Ensure risk is being effectively assessed and responded to.
- Audit and review case files on a regular basis to ensure practice standards are met/exceeded. Take remedial action as necessary.
- Review and monitor case and care package recommendations made by social workers. Make effective decisions in authorising any such recommendations, taking personal responsibility for any decisions made.
- Initiate, develop, monitor and maintain standards of service as defined by the directorate, taking a proactive role in implementing changes.
- Ensure effective systems are in place to meet the expectations on the service. Ensure staff maintain LCS and other systems.
- Prepare reports, correspondence, procedures etc and contribute to the development if an annual business Service Plan.
- Respond as required to complaints regarding the service. Work closely and flexibly with other Team Managers both within the unit and across the division to build inter-team and unit relationships. Work in units across the division as required to provide effective management of Children’s Services.
Are you considering a move? If not, could you pass this on to your friends and colleagues? – we are offering £250 for every successful recommendation!!
Requirements of the role:
- Social Work Degree/DipSW or professional qualification equivalent.
- Significant experience in a similar role
- SWE registration.
- DBS Check
If this isn’t the job for you, please have a think about whether you can recommend a friend or colleague – we are offering **£250** PER successful recommendation.
Some facts about working for REED:
Here at REED we care and we’re professional – in an industry that doesn’t have the best reputation at times – I hope we stand out!
We are a family-run business and we just celebrated our 60th birthday!
We “Love Mondays” but we also technically work for free 1 day per week as 18% of our business is owned by the REED Foundation which supports good causes around the world.
Our company values are:
- We are fair, open, and honest
- We take ownership
- We work together
We are also lucky to run many Local Authority contracts, we are a trusted partner for these clients and, as such, our conduct must be impeccable.
Would you consider joining us? I’m free to talk every week-day from 8am onwards and happy to take evening calls too if it’s easier. And if we’re very lucky, perhaps you might tell your friends too – don’t forget we offer £250 per successful referral.
CALL: 0151 242 6248