I am currently working with Somerset County Council to recruit Social Workers in Shepton Mallet. You will help and support children and their families coming into contact with professionals from the initial contact to becoming looked after, so to reduce the number of case holders supporting these children.
Key purpose of the role will be to:
Work alongside “multi- agency teams” responding to referrals by the general public and assessing allocated cases to reflect individual circumstances. We are looking for social workers who are passionate for relationship-based social work, who can think creatively about how you can build relationships to support the children and families.
You should demonstrate a commitment to the four key values – Customer Focus, Can Do Attitude, Collaboration and Care and Respect.
Other elements of the role which you may be expected to take:
- To be able to provide a Duty Response Service within area as required by service manager
- To take CP investigations
- Assess carers sustainability following “looked after children” procedures in developing care plans
- Supervise students work where needed
- Other duties/ assignments
For your application to be considered you must be able to demonstrate the following:
- You will have a minimum of 2 years LAC experience
- a qualification in social work, Dip Social workers, CQSW or equivalent,
- be registered with Social Worker England and
- have a portfolio of evidence demonstrating achievements against the Professional Capabilities Framework for Social Workers.
This is an excellent opportunity to join Somerset County Council with the negotiable salary £30,451 to £34,728 depending on experience. Somerset County Council support Social Workers by investing in your development, a large in-house training programme is provided to further develop knowledge.
As an employee, you are offered 29 days annual leave with the 8 days bank holidays additional, options for flexible working, good local government pension contribution- with the option for a pension enhancement through a voluntary contribution scheme, variety of wellbeing services as well as gym discounts.
If you feel this role is for you please contact Mary Khan.
Alternatively, if this role is not for you but you know someone who will be interested, we offer £250 referral bonus (Ts & Cs apply).
I look forward to hearing from you.