Reed Social Care are looking for experienced an Independent Reviewing Officer, based in Bradford
The ideal candidate will have experience of: Understanding of legislation - Child in Need, Children subject to Child Protection Plans, Pathway plans, and Looked after Children
- Preparing, producing, implementing and evaluating plans with individuals, families, carers and professional colleagues
- High quality of planning for children and ensure that all statutory duties are carried out to safeguard and promote the welfare of children.
- Leading, chairing and facilitating meetings
- You will be responsible for the charring of Child Protection conferences ensuring that these met the quality standard laid down by the department
- Quality assure, challenge and evaluate the effectiveness of child protection and multi-agency plans including timely use of the dispute resolution process to prevent drift Effectively resolve conflicts and undertake negotiations with colleagues while maintaining independence and keeping the child’s interest as the paramount factor in making decisions.
- Analysing risk and producing SMART plans to safeguard children.
- Facilitate the contribution of children, young people and parent/carers in complex meetings through communicating sensitively and effectively
- Monitor the performance of the Local Authority as a Corporate Parent by setting clear targets via independent scrutiny and oversight of children’s cases.
- Work collaboratively with partners to deliver high quality single agency and multi-agency training in relation to Child in Need, Child Protection and Looked After Children. People. Pride. Place.
- Work collaboratively with partners, colleagues and stakeholders to develop single agency and multi-agency policy and procedures.
- Work independently to evaluate plans and make appropriate decisions which safeguard children and promote their welfare.
- Have a qualification in Social Work to degree level or equivalent
- Registered with Social Work England
- Your own dedicated consultant, an honest service with excellent aftercare, including on-site service reviews
- Access to the widest variety of social work jobs nationwide
- Prompt and reliable payroll
- £250 referral bonus - if you aren't interested, maybe you know someone who is?
- Access to your own continued Professional Development fund
- 2 payment methods available: Umbrella & PAYE