Our client, a Greater Manchester Local Authority is seeking a Qualified Social Worker to join the Fostering Team
Pay rate is £30 per hour.
The role will involve/require the following:
- To ensure that the safety and welfare of children and young people that the post holder comes into contact with during the course of their professional duties is paramount at all times
- To carry out assessments and supervise/support foster carers within governmental and Divisional prescribed timescales and standards, as required by the Practice and/or Principal Manager
- To assess the need for resources to support a foster care in meeting the needs of any children placed including the identification of risk to children and young people, assess their need for protection, and determine the best method of intervention, ensuring that the Practice/Principal Manager is consulted/advised throughout the case progression.
- To ensure that children, young people, their families and other carers are fully involved in the process of assessment annual review of foster carers, and that the views, wishes and feelings of children and young people are sought, recorded and taken into account in line with best practice.
- To ensure that accurate and thorough client records are maintained.
- Ensure positive working relationships are maintained with other professionals in statutory and voluntary agencies to ensure that the best possible service is provided for clients and the Service is not brought into disrepute
- To actively participate in the performance management system including supervision, ‘Professional Development Reviews’ (PDRs), team/section meetings, Operational briefings and reviews of the Service. To prepare for these in advance where appropriate.
- To be committed to the development of services and new areas of practice that improve outcomes for children e.g. by contributing knowledge, skills, experience or by working in a range of Divisional situations via secondments, job rotation and/or shadowing.
- To prepare high quality, accurate and thorough reports for a variety of purposes e.g. presentation in legal proceedings, LADO consultations, planning meetings, children’s reviews, fostering and adoption panels.
- The postholder is responsible for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and/or vulnerable adults.
Are you considering a move? If not, could you pass this on to your friends and colleagues? – we are offering £250 for every successful recommendation!!
Requirements of the role:
- A Qualified Social Worker
- Registered with SWE
- Enhanced DBS check
- Knowledge of relevant Fostering Services legislation, standards and regulations
During current climate role will be a combination of office days, working from home and home visits to meet service needs.
If this isn’t the job for you, please have a think about whether you can recommend a friend or colleague – we are offering **£250** PER successful recommendation.
Please also remember we offer a substantial CPD fund!! Our Social Workers utilise their funds for training courses, books or to fund their trips to conferences and other relevant events. This can often be £500++++ !!! (depending on hours/days worked)