Our client, a Greater Manchester Local Authority is seeking a Qualified Social Worker to join the Fostering Team
Pay rate is £25.02 per hour.
The role will involve/require the following:
- Recruiting mainstream foster carers,
- Completing initial visits and full fostering assessments of prospective foster carers.
- Good assessment and report writing skills and be
- Availability to work flexibly including outside of normal office hours when needed.
- Supervising and supporting a caseload of foster carers,
- Working with social work colleagues to identify suitable placements for children,
- Training prospective and approved foster carers.
Are you considering a move? If not, could you pass this on to your friends and colleagues? – we are offering £250 for every successful recommendation!!
Requirements of the role:
- A qualified social worker
- Registered with SWE
- Enhanced DBS check
- A proven social work background across children and families social work
- Knowledge of relevant Fostering Services legislation, standards and regulations
- Experience of working in a fostering team is ideal, but not essential
- A car owner / driver
- Good organisational and analytical skills
During current climate role will be a combination of office days, working from home and home visits to meet service needs.
If this isn’t the job for you, please have a think about whether you can recommend a friend or colleague – we are offering **£250** PER successful recommendation.
Please also remember we offer a substantial CPD fund!! Our Social Workers utilise their funds for training courses, books or to fund their trips to conferences and other relevant events. This can often be £500++++ !!! (depending on hours/days worked)
Some facts about working for REED:
Here at REED we care and we’re professional – in an industry that doesn’t have the best reputation at times – I hope we stand out!
We are a family-run business and we just celebrated our 60th birthday!
We “Love Mondays” but we also technically work for free 1 day per week as 18% of our business is owned by the REED Foundation which supports good causes around the world.
CALL: 0151 242 6248