Our client, a Greater Manchester Local Authority is seeking a Qualified Social Worker to join their CP/CIN Team.
Pay rate is £35.00 per hour (umbrella).
The role will require/include the following:
• To co-ordinate service provision to meet the needs of those children.
To carry out assessments of children in need, including those in need of protection and looked after children.
• To carry out reviews and statutory visits in accordance with statutory and service procedures.
• To carry out direct work with children and their families in order to meet their assessed need.
• To respect and promote the identity needs of children arising from their cultural, religious and linguistic background.
• To engage parents, carers and children in meaningful and open working relationships, to encourage their full participation in meeting the needs of the children.
• To support the development of parents and carers as required in order to achieve best outcomes for the children.
• To undertake such work jointly with colleagues within the service and from other agencies in appropriate cases.
• To observe all statutory regulations.
• To meet the Professional Registration Standards set by Social Work England.
• To prepare and present information (both written and oral) to Panels, the Court and other agencies.
• To maintain accurate, up-to-date records on all work carried out and to ensure good and effective communication with other professionals involved.
• To attend all regular supervision sessions with the Team Manager as required, taking an active part and preparing for each meeting.
• To participate in all training as required and to ensure that you undertake Continuing Professional Development
Are you considering a move? If not, could you pass this on to your friends and colleagues? – we are offering £250 for every successful recommendation!!
Requirements of the role:
- Social Work Degree/DipSW or professional qualification equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years’ post qualification experience in a relevant field.
- SWE registration.
- DBS Check
If this isn’t the job for you, please have a think about whether you can recommend a friend or colleague – we are offering **£250** PER successful recommendation.
Please also remember we offer a substantial CPD fund!! Our Social Workers utilise their funds for training courses, books or to fund their trips to conferences and other relevant events. This can often be £500++++ !!! (depending on hours/days worked)
Some facts about working for REED:
Here at REED we care and we’re professional – in an industry that doesn’t have the best reputation at times – I hope we stand out!
We are a family-run business and we just celebrated our 60th birthday!
We “Love Mondays” but we also technically work for free 1 day per week as 18% of our business is owned by the REED Foundation which supports good causes around the world.
Our company values are:
- We are fair, open, and honest
- We take ownership
- We work together
We are also lucky to run many Local Authority contracts, we are a trusted partner for these clients and, as such, our conduct must be impeccable.
Would you consider joining us? I’m free to talk every week-day from 8am onwards and happy to take evening calls too if it’s easier. And if we’re very lucky, perhaps you might tell your friends too – don’t forget we offer £250 per successful referral.
CALL: 0151 242 6248