Our client, a Greater Manchester Local Authority is seeking a Qualified Social Worker to join the CP/CIN/LAC Team
Pay rate is £30 per hour.
The role will involve/require the following:
- Understand the role of the child and family and child development.
- Be responsible for building effective professional relationships with children and families
- Take account of child development theories and new learning to inform their practice and shape their assessment and analysis of risk and care planning.
- Assess the influence and impact of cultural and social factors on the child’s development including key factors such as parenting styles, and the child’s resilience/uncertainty to change and loss.
- Understand factors that impact children including abuse and neglect.
- Identify the impact that social and environmental factors have on parents and carers. This will include early help, domestic violence, mental health services and coordinating
- Exchange information with partner agencies as part of their responsibilities to safeguard and promote the safety of children.
- Lead investigations of allegations of significant harm. As part of this the post holder will coordinate and lead a coordinated risk management plan to protect children from significant harm.
- Undertake effective direct work with children and families
- Demonstrate the ability to develop strong interpersonal skills to engage and motivate children and their families.
- Undertake child and family assessment demonstrating effective analysis, decision-making, planning and review.
- Communicate clearly and sensitively with children of all ages and abilities.
- Demonstrate effective care planning. This will include working with the voluntary and community sector.
- Undertake clear jargon free case recordings, written reports which evidence clear analysis and rationale for decisions made.
- Understand the law and the family justice system undertaking ongoing research
- Understand the role of a Social Work within the family justice system
- Keep records up to date in compliance with Manchester City Council recording policy and procedures.
- Ensure that all children and adults are valued regardless of age, gender orientation and disability.
Are you considering a move? If not, could you pass this on to your friends and colleagues? – we are offering £250 for every successful recommendation!!
Requirements of the role:
- A qualified social worker
- Registered with SWE
- Enhanced DBS check
- A proven social work background across children and families social work
During current climate role will be a combination of office days, working from home and home visits to meet service needs.
If this isn’t the job for you, please have a think about whether you can recommend a friend or colleague – we are offering **£250** PER successful recommendation.
Please also remember we offer a substantial CPD fund!! Our Social Workers utilise their funds for training courses, books or to fund their trips to conferences and other relevant events. This can often be £500++++ !!! (depending on hours/days worked)
Some facts about working for REED:
Here at REED we care and we’re professional – in an industry that doesn’t have the best reputation at times – I hope we stand out!
We are a family-run business and we just celebrated our 60th birthday!
We “Love Mondays” but we also technically work for free 1 day per week as 18% of our business is owned by the REED Foundation which supports good causes around the world.