|Location: SOMERSET, SOUTH WEST ENGLAND||Salary: 375.00 - 405.00 GBP Per Day|
|Sector: Technology||Job Type: Contract|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: 1|
|Posted: 3 months ago||Reference: 3061892|
My client is looking for a QA Engineer to join their team in Somerset on an initial 3 month contract with strong likelihood of extension thereafter paying up to £405pd. Details below.
As a QA engineer your responsibilities will include but not limited to:-
• Be a go-to person for software quality issues and test design advice.
• Be able to coach others and help them to develop their testing expertise.
• Work directly with the business on project work and user stories to ensure high quality ‘testable’ solutions are produced that closely match business requirements.
• Create automated acceptance tests and manage overall test coverage across a project or system.
• Conduct and lead user acceptance testing.
• Lead by example when demonstrating testing best practices.
• Conduct exploratory testing assist with diagnosis and reproduction of issues
• Create and/or coordinate performance tests
• Be the go-to person for quality status regarding a user story, project or overall system status.
• Produce technical documentation to guide both the business and technical staff
• Analyse and troubleshoot live issues when required
Key performance indicators
• Take ownership of project quality by attending stand-ups, reporting progress and actively working to unblock any testing issues.
• Work to test agreed solutions in a timely manner.
• Work to ensure overall quality of solutions.
• Work to ensure successful deployment and support of solutions.
• Work effectively from a remote location (if required).
Experience and qualifications
• (Essential) Be self-sufficient in both manual and automated testing skills e.g. test creation with testing frameworks like Cucumber/Selenium, basic QA server setup skills.
• (Essential) E-Commerce testing experience e.g. knows how to test standard e-commerce technologies and patterns.
• (Desirable) Browser compliance testing.
• (Desirable) Performance testing experience e.g. via 3rd parties and by creating own scripts, like JMeter.
• (Desirable) E-commerce framework testing experience: Hybris or ATG experience
• (Desirable) Working knowledge of Java language and eco system.
• (Desirable) Integration / API testing skills e.g. SoapUI, Postman, JMeter
• (Desirable) Scripting & automation skills: Ant, Maven, Gradle, Shell, CI (e.g. Jenkins)
• (Desirable) Agile project experience
• (Useful) Understanding security concepts and how to test them.
• Excellent manual and automated testing skills.
• Good understanding of e-commerce technologies
• Good communication skills (verbal and written)
• Good business facing skills.
If you meet the above requirements and would be interested in the opportunity please apply with an up to date CV as soon as possible as they are looking to move very quickly with this.
35000 - 42000 GBP Per Annum
25000.00 - 40000.00 GBP Per Annum
WILMSLOW, CHESHIRERead more
ABINGTON VALE, NORTHAMPTONSHIRERead more
45000 - 60000 GBP Per Annum
BATH, SOMERSETRead more
25000.00 - 28000.00 GBP Per Annum
NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE, TYNE AND WEARRead more