Are you looking for a new job?
Have you got previous experience in purchasing?
My client, a fantastic reputable business on the outskirts of High Wycombe are currently recruiting for a Purchasing Assistant on a temp-perm or straight permanent basis. This will be a very fast turn around and ideally start next week.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a small team with progression possible.
Hours of work – Flexible – 35 hours a week – Monday-Friday
Car park on site!
- Run MRP report for all sales orders
- Place call-offs for raw materials from minimum stock report and live orders
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure delivery meets demand and with the most economic orders
- Raise contracts to reduce price impact on business
- Update purchasing tracker for the year to highlight any price increases and decreases
- Co-ordinate with the Operations team on material ordering and delays. Maintain RM Expediting Log and attend Customer OTIF meetings.
- Co-ordinate with Production Planner to ensure materials arrive in a timely manner
- Analyse existing minimum stock and adjust according to demand
- Management of raw material stocks through use of MRP systems and internal reporting
- Attend daily Despatch Meeting, communicating any raw material delays and expediting any urgent materials to achieve customer delivery expectations
- To compile and report on monthly supplier OTIF performance. Communicating to the Purchasing Manager on any suppliers falling outside of the performance criteria and supporting on corrective measures to improve delivery performance.
- To ensure purchase order price / invoice price accuracy in line with department KPI’s
- Lead and manage designated Procurement projects
- Assist the Procurement Manager in the sourcing of new raw materials and contingency risk management.
- To attend Slow Moving and Obs meetings working within a cross functional team to reduce waste liability
- To help maintain and update category information for wider business use
- Seek continual improvement of company systems and procedures
- Adhere to company procedures and audit compliance
- Perform any other duties assigned to insure success of projects, individuals and the company
- Deputise for Purchasing Manager when required
The ideal candidate will have:
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft applications, including excel and outlook
- Experience in the use of MRP packages
- Good numeracy skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Ability to be flexible to complete tasks
- Excellent team player
- Can work on their own initiative
- Proactive, challenging and problem-solving attitude
- Process driven
Advantageous things to have are:
- Previous experience in the manufacturing sector
- MRP System experience such as SAP/SAGE
- Purchase order number experience
This is an incredible rare opportunity and will be a fast turn around so please apply now if you’re interested and believe you are suitable!!
I will be shortlisting for this position on Monday 16th November