An established manufacturing organisation in Northumberland require an experienced Purchasing Officer to join their team on a full time, permanent basis.
The role will involve buying products that are essential for the company’s day-today operations. You will be responsible for reviewing vendors, negotiating contracts/pricing, monitoring quality and stock levels as well as raising purchase orders and preparing monthly reports. You will also be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with key suppliers.
- Ideally you will have experience of working within the engineering / manufacturing industry
- Solid understanding of Supply Chain Procedures
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to create reports
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and experience of using an MRP system
- CIPS qualified or working towards
- Dynamic and proactive